ATX Community

Fed & State BOTH created...only Fed shows up as created

Cathy

Have had 2 instances....this doesn't happen every time however:

Both Federal and State returns were created. After they were created, I even printed out the E-File Creation Results which does verify that BOTH returns were created. This is the screen you see within the return after the returns are created.

However, when trying to transmit the returns from the "created" menu, ONLY the Federal return shows as being created, therefore, the State return can not be transmitted as the State return box can not be checked to indicate it needs to be transmitted.

As it's impossible to reach the Customer Service line, hopefully, ATX will see this and call me. (Cathy @ 225-627-5140)

Have had 2 instances....this doesn't happen every time however:

Both Federal and State returns were created. After they were created, I even printed out the E-File Creation Results which does verify that BOTH returns were created. This is the screen you see within the return after the returns are created.

However, when trying to transmit the returns from the "created" menu, ONLY the Federal return shows as being created, therefore, the State return can not be transmitted as the State return box can not be checked to indicate it needs to be transmitted.

As it's impossible to reach the Customer Service line, hopefully, ATX will see this and call me. (Cathy @ 225-627-5140)

It is highly unlikely that anyone from ATX will be calling. This is an unofficial forum that isn't connected with ATX at all. You should post your problem over on the official forum that is accessed through "MyATX" on the official site, the same place you get the updates from. You might also consider emailing support through the official site with your problems.

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies. However, I've been with ATX for numerous years, therefore, this "ain't my first rodeo". I don't hold my State returns as Louisiana is a Direct State and I perfer not to hold them. Also know that prior to originating this thread, I definitely searched every section available and that particular Direct State was NO WHERE to be found even though I had kept a copy of the program telling me that the Direct State e-file had been created for this particular client. This confirmation appeared within the client's file after I created both the Federal and Direct State e-files.

The problem I experienced was not on my first return to e-file this year. I first experienced the same problem described in my first post of this thread last night with another client. Several clients after that issue cropped up appeared correctly in the e-file menu...in other words, both the Federal and Louisiana returns were displayed and I was able to select each return for transmitting.

Also, I do know for a fact that ATX personnel (in past years) often visited our forum and have performed "fixes" on issues they read about here. I contacted my sells rep. after my initial post to this thread. She was trying her best to get through to Customer Support to have the problem expedited for a fix. While on hold after talking with her, I experimented with the client's file to find a temporary work around. Luckily, I was able to find a work around on my own. I told my sale rep. about the work around so hopefully it will appear in the knowledge base as a work around until a permanent fix can be found.

In the interim, the work around is as follows:

If a Direct State return e-file that was "successfully created" does not appear in the menu of files created to be transmitted, open the client's file and select "Save". The usual box will show on your screen and inform you that the e-files already created will be rejected. Click "ok" (if memory serves me right...in other words, "so what").

After performing the above step, once again select the "create e-file" tab. Select both Federal and Direct State files to be created. Your screen will once again (assuming no errors) indicate that BOTH the Federal return and the Direct State return e-files have been created.

Close the client file and once again go to the transmit e-file screen. BOTH FEDERAL AND DIRECT STATE RETURNS ARE NOW LISTED. Mark the boxes for both files to be transmitted. Problem solved.

Again, thanks for your replies....although your solutions did not pertain to my situation, they possibly might help another ATXer with limited experience with the software.

Take care,

Cathy

Cathy, did you check your system preferences? If you look at your system preferences, then e-file manager, there are 3 boxes. I bet the third box is checked - it says 'automatically hold and release state efiles.......'

If you uncheck that box, your issue might be solved.

Lynn Jacobs, EA

Kenner, LA

The other option is to check the box at the top of the State e-file info sheet. It says disconnect state from federal MeF file (or words to that effect.) I actually like that better than the hold because I am nervous about holdin the state return and forgetting to file it.

Lynn, are you suggesting that the state returns aren't showing up in the efile manager listing because they are "held". That would be new for this year. They should still be listed and indicate that they are "held", not simply disappear. Cathy said that she looked at the efile manager and the state return wasn't listed at all.

Lynn, are you suggesting that the state returns aren't showing up in the efile manager listing because they are "held". That would be new for this year. They should still be listed and indicate that they are "held", not simply disappear. Cathy said that she looked at the efile manager and the state return wasn't listed at all.

jklapa,

You are absolutely correct. The State return before I deliberately caused it to be rejected and recreated didn't show up at all...no where. I checked each box...nowhere....then clicked on "View All E-Files"...still couldn't be found. I had updated my program file to 12.9 the day before I started having this glitch and also download updates, forms, etc...each time I open the program which is at least 3 times a day.

mcb39,

Thanks for that tip. If it happes again, I'll check into your suggrestion before getting bent out of shape. Will let you know if it works....assuming it happens again.

Lynn,

Thanks for hanging in there with me! I never hold my state e-files, but appreciate your trying to help! ;) Have you heard anything about a class action law suit yet for the AFV? It's just a matter of time! Jindal seems like he's taking lessons from the President.....shoving things down his constituents throats. I just wonder how many decades that we will see other politicians forcing issues rather than listening to the people....it certainly appears Jindal took a few lessons from Obama.

Again, thanks everyone!

Cathy