ATX Community

New CEO at CCH

Guest Taxed

Guest Taxed

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Mr. Marx, the new CEO of CCH. I guess Mr. Gramlich is out?? Wonder if the ATX fiasco had anything to do with the change at top??

Got it, Junked it. Just more CCH drivel about how much they care. Bull crap!

At least he appologized. What good is that? And he hopes to meet us. He better hope we don't meet. I would not hold back on telling him what a pile of TURDS ATX has become since CCH took over. And I would probably use language that would make KC ban me from this board if I used it here.

Tom

Hollister, CA

I got it - -and since I had a LOT of time waiting for the program to attempt to boot up - -I sent him an email - -which - -apparently was read last night.

Somehow, I don't see how "visiting with as many of you as possible after tax season" will help us - -he SHOULD be visiting people while we are experiencing - - -"issues"

OY! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Guest Taxed

If Mr. Marx is at any of the IRS Forms this year at the CCH booth I will give him constructive suggestions. I am sure he is aware that they really screwed up with the ATX revamp. What is more important is how will they make it up to us. We all make mistakes, so if CCH gives us a decent renewal discount or a loyalty discount to prevent customers from jumping ship, that will help!!

ATXaholics Anonymous, where have you been? That's old news. Of course, Jeff is done...you didn't hear the cheers of all the frustrated ATX customers (and some employees) has he hit the road back to Chicago...where I'm sure CCH will have him reserve when they buy out another company to screw up.

As for Mr. Marx's e-mail, guys....its just the same old CCH we screwed up, stay with us another year, and we will screw you over again, blah, blah.

Sometimes I think we are all characters in one of those Bondage & Dungeon (B&D) movies, where the master wearing a black mask, keeps whipping a submissive women, as she screams “more pain, CCH, please....give me more pain...I love it...I love when you screw up my software program...please don’t stop...give me more pain.”
How much more pain do we all want?
  • Like 1

What Mr. Marx should do after tax season -

1). Fire half the sales and customer service staff - they are useless at this point.

2). Hire better computer programmers and fire the ones who did a lousy job this year.

3). Allow customers to send him e-mails and contact him directly about their concerns. No "undelivered" e-mail addresses. Be a man. Hear what your customers have to say.

4). Offer ATX customers at least a 50% early renewal discount for next year.

5). Appear on the ATX Home Page and have a "State of the ATX address" and explain how ATX screwed up, and what ATX intends to do about fixing the mess. Again, be a man.

6). Do an internal audit and determine who screwed up within the company. Once you find the guilty parties, fire them.

In short, the new ATX president should be in the front of this issue - not hiding behind his desk. The CCH sissy boy stuff has got to go. By getting in front of this problem early, addressing all concerns, offering solutions, and firing the bums who messed up, the new ATX president could demonstrate something that we haven't seen in CCH for a while - Integrity.

• Like 2

Do I even give a #$%& anymore?

I have worked SO hard/LOST so much time to working-around the almost-daily #$%&-ups of ATX, by now -- and, by the slimmest margin, getting all my corporate clients filed or extended, 'today,' that I must consider paying 2/5/7x as much -- say, to Lacerte or ProSystemsFX, anyone EXCEPT ATX/CCH -- to get back to *relying* upon my software to just do its #$%*ing job, while I blow my mind *only* over my clients' ever-recurring mistakes or forays into the 'far side' of novel tax positions?

Do I even give a #$%& anymore?

I have worked SO hard/LOST so much time to working-around the almost-daily #$%&-ups of ATX, by now -- and, by the slimmest margin, getting all my corporate clients filed or extended, 'today,' that I must consider paying 2/5/7x as much -- say, to Lacerte or ProSystemsFX, anyone EXCEPT ATX/CCH -- to get back to *relying* upon my software to just do its #$%*ing job, while I blow my mind *only* over my clients' ever-recurring mistakes or forays into the 'far side' of novel tax positions?

Prosystemfx is cch too

But a different division with it's own staff. Been there, done that! I was going to use ATX when I went out on my own as I already knew it for entities in my old job. That was the year ATX closed their message board two weeks before Tax Day. I swore I'd never buy a CCH product. Shopped around and chose Intuit's Proseries, but it wasn't going to handle my more complex returns. While I looked at adding Intuit's Lacerte, thought maybe I should check out Ultra Tax and ProSystem fx also if I was going to spend that kind of money. Those latter two were better than Lacerte, and I chose ProSystem fx for their features and support. Never regretted my decision. Happy ProSystem fx customer since the 2007 season.

ProSystem fx is owned by CCH. It's a better product than ATX. Why? Because people are willing to spend more money on ProSystem than on ATX. It's really simple economics here - if you were CCH, where would you invest most of your time, money and best people? On ProSystem fx - of course. ProSystem fx was developed by CCH, it's CCH's baby and CCH will take care of its own baby. But ATX? - it was "adopted" - a stepchild if you will, and normally adopted children are not treated as well as regular children. My point - CCH isn't going to invest a lot of time, money and good people on an "adopted" child that is not generating as much money as ProSystem fx. There is nothing personal in CCH's decision - it's just business. As the old saying goes "you get what you buy for."

Do you think that ProSystem fx is having the same problems of ATX? No.

ProSystem fx is owned by CCH. It's a better product than ATX. Why? Because people are willing to spend more money on ProSystem than on ATX. It's really simple economics here - if you were CCH, where would you invest most of your time, money and best people? On ProSystem fx - of course. ProSystem fx was developed by CCH, it's CCH's baby and CCH will take care of its own baby. But ATX? - it was "adopted" - a stepchild if you will, and normally adopted children are not treated as well as regular children. My point - CCH isn't going to invest a lot of time, money and good people on an "adopted" child that is not generating as much money as ProSystem fx. There is nothing personal in CCH's decision - it's just business. As the old saying goes "you get what you buy for."

Do you think that ProSystem fx is having the same problems of ATX? No.

I was quoted for ProSystem FX for 1,000 returns, all states, etc with a 35% special discount, $13,000. I laughed at him after I read the e-mail quote and called him.

Jack of Ohio, that's my point. ProSystem FX has field reps - sales people who actually visit your office and give you a demo and sales pitch. When was the last time an ATX sales rep visited you? For the high price programs, CCH will go all out to get their sales people to visit your office. As for ATX - well, you can call them....I'm sure you can get an ATX sales person on the phone at easier than you can an ATX technical support person these days.

Jack of Ohio, that's my point. ProSystem FX has field reps - sales people who actually visit your office and give you a demo and sales pitch. When was the last time an ATX sales rep visited you? For the high price programs, CCH will go all out to get their sales people to visit your office. As for ATX - well, you can call them....I'm sure you can get an ATX sales person on the phone at easier than you can an ATX technical support person these days.

What makes ProSystems FX worth 17X as expensive as ATX? Does it do laundry and tend bar at the same time? Not buying it! Literally!!!

You have a choice - either stay with ATX, and deal with a lousy program and bad technical support, or spend more money to...CCH, and go with Prosystem fx, and get a better program with better technical support...when you consider all the time you are wasting dealing with ATX, you need to do the math and decide which option is better. Maybe that is CCH's long term plan....keep screwing up ATX enough that customers will go to CCH's Prosystem fx....and spend more money!

You have a choice - either stay with ATX, and deal with a lousy program and bad technical support, or spend more money to...CCH, and go with Prosystem fx, and get a better program with better technical support...when you consider all the time you are wasting dealing with ATX, you need to do the math and decide which option is better. Maybe that is CCH's long term plan....keep screwing up ATX enough that customers will go to CCH's Prosystem fx....and spend more money!

Would you consider spending nearly $50K on your tax software?