ATX Community

Message to Catherine

kcjenkins

Catherine,

As an aside, we are still on track for son #2 to attend MIT. He is still a junior in high school, but he has risen to the number one ranking in his class. Potential valedictorian. Also won an award for best physics student at his high school. The physics teacher is offering to teach my son physics C next year, even though the school does not offer the class. It will allow him to take the AP Physics exam which the MIT website says they will accept for credit if successfully completed.

MIT is all he dreams about. Next year is going to be a nightmare. He is taking 6 AP classes (if you count the physics C special class).

I hope someday we can meet you and your husband in Boston when I drop the kid off at the school.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 2

Six AP classes?!?! Jeezle Louizle the poor boy is going to be burned out before he ever gets there!! When you folks come east, PLEASE stop by and have dinner (lunch, coffee, whatever you can manage) with me and my husband. Bring your son; we can regale him with "tales of the 'Tute" until he either runs screaming back home or can't wait to get on-campus.

That's great news Tom. We will all be rooting for him. And for you to survive his last year of HS. :P

My granddaughter who has always wanted to be a vet just got her letter notifying her she's been accepted at UC-Davis, which has one of the best vet schools in the country. I'm excited about that.

• Like 1

That's great news Tom. We will all be rooting for him. And for you to survive his last year of HS. :P

My granddaughter who has always wanted to be a vet just got her letter notifying her she's been accepted at UC-Davis, which has one of the best vet schools in the country. I'm excited about that.

Davis Vet school may be one of the toughest to get into as well. Congrats.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 1

When researching CA agricultural universities back when I went to school, it came down to 4 realy good Ag Schools:

1. If you want to learn how to breed a cow to give more milk - Go to Cal Poly SLO

2. If you want to genetically engineer a cow to give more milk - Go to UC Davis

3. If you want to sell the milk - Go to Fresno State

4. If you want to find out how to tip cows while partying - go to Chico State

Anyone from Chico who takes offense, I am sorry. That is just what I was told.

Tom aka Bulldogtom

Hollister, CA

• Like 1