ATX Community

Clients are driving me crazy

jasdlm

I just re-did a return for the 3rd time because the client keeps 'forgetting' to tell me things - like thousands of dollars in income that he forgot to include in his documents. At least he's honest. Recognized that his 'amount due' was too low.

Sheesh.

• Like 1

Lady brought in another K-1. I talked to her for five minutes before I realized she couldn't hear a word I was saying, but she was faking it real good. I finally said, "You can't hear a word I'm saying, can you?"

Nope, not a word.

Then, another client called, "Will you be there all day?" ("Where else would I be????" I wanted to scream.)

"I got two more K-1's, chuckle chuckle."

Then, a happy couple dropped off another form on their way to Myrtle Beach. So sweet.

Guest Taxed

Have you noticed it is usually the same folks that keep on forgetting important tax documents. I give them 1 opportunity, so I will do a 1040X free. If they need more amendements then it is a flat fee and/or hourly rate depending on the scope.

i also have a flag set in my CRM system for these people so that I go over the checklist carefully and have them sign it!

This year 1 got 2 clients that just called me. One completely forgot about a K1 from oil field LP that he got and buried it with his investment papers. The other refinanced his mortgage and forgot the new 1098 INT.

I just re-did a return for the 3rd time because the client keeps 'forgetting' to tell me things - like thousands of dollars in income that he forgot to include in his documents. At least he's honest. Recognized that his 'amount due' was too low.

Sheesh.

If we already have them in the system, there is a re-print fee, which we put right on the invoice. If they are still in the queue, no harm - no foul.

• Like 2