ATX Community

NT / I really would like 5 minutes with the people

RitaB

or the W2/1099 forms that are not perforated at all ......... you can own a successful and profitable business, but you are unable to use perforated paper for the tax forms??? **&%^$(*&%$ cheap skate!! Tight Wad!!!!!! GGGRRRRRR!!!!!!!

(otherwise I am totally ok with everything in life too)

I keep copies of everything on the return. but I don't keep any originals

I do too, unless the client has something like 2 inches of contribution receipts with a nice summary already done for me. In cases like that, I'd keep the summary. But specifically with e-filing, aren't we required to keep copies of any documents that have withholding, the W-2s and 1099s? If the W-2s or 1099s are multi-part forms, yes, I keep one of the originals.

I know! When they insist on yakking: ("This is your busy time, huh?"), I start opening envelopes, throwing them away, rolling up glue balls, handing back the donation receipt, even though they can't itemize: "You need to decide what your three bags of clothes and microwave were worth, all microwaves are not created equal..."

Oh, and here's your electric bill. Looks like it was due Thursday.

• Like 4