ATX Community

Latest Efile and Acknowledgment news from IRS

Jack from Ohio

7:25 PM

Modernized e-File (MeF) was successfully brought back online at 7:00 pm, Eastern and is now operational for all service requests. Please resume sending federal and state submissions, sending state acknowledgements and retrieving federal and state acknowledgements.

We thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

8:15 PM

The length of time for the MeF System to create federal acknowledgments and make them available for retrieval is taking longer than expected. As receipts continue to increase throughout the night, the length of time may also increase. The IRS is closely monitoring the acknowledgment rates and is working to close the gap as a top priority.

We will issue a Technical QuickAlert once the delays are resolved.

Please monitor the MeF Status page for updates.

Thank you for your patience and support.

And on and on it goes.....

Guest Taxed

There will be more hiccups this week and next as the flow increases. As long as I can prove it was submitted timely I am ok. Those e-file submission reports are getting its due respect!

This is yet another example of why I try to have all my extensions filed by 4/10. The LAST thing I want to be doing on 4/16 and 4/17 is re-submitting extensions that bounced, hiccuped, got eaten by the IRS servers, never went through because the servers were down...

I'll chase all that before the 15th. Not after!

I submitted a return last night at 6:05 and it is still transmitted to agency status. I submitted anther this morning at 9ish and it is already accepted. What to do next? I told the client I would send vouchers to pay the balance due, federal and state, and paper file extensions. Other ideas? I don't think I can recreate an efile when it is in this status, can I?

I will check out the KB on the remote chance that it may be addressed but maybe someone here has experience. Thanks.

I submitted a return last night at 6:05 and it is still transmitted to agency status. I submitted anther this morning at 9ish and it is already accepted. What to do next? I told the client I would send vouchers to pay the balance due, federal and state, and paper file extensions. Other ideas? I don't think I can recreate an efile when it is in this status, can I?

I will check out the KB on the remote chance that it may be addressed but maybe someone here has experience. Thanks.

I have the same thing....just be patient. I don't use ATX (Tax Act)...it's probably just yesterday's backlog at IRS.

Same with me. One return sent yesterday and still no ack, but today's acks came back within minutes. What's also odd about yesterday's filing is that I've received the PA ack, so the fed did put that through even though the fed return itself hasn't been processed yet.

Guest Taxed

Sent over a dozen e-files on Sunday still waiting on ACKs Just checked. CCH says not to worry it will come in due course they are following up with IRS.

The IRS is processing the current submissions before the backlog from yesterday. The Quick Alert I received this evening from IRS says this:

The IRS continues to prioritize creation of the acknowledgements for Sunday's submissions. Although we anticipated completing that task by midnight on Monday, the process is taking longer than expected. We will continue to work them throughout the night and will provide a status by 8:00 am, Eastern on Tuesday, April 9th.

As federal submissions are accepted, the linked state submissions will be Made Available for state retrieval.

The IRS continues to prioritize creation of the acknowledgements for Sunday's submissions. Although we anticipated completing that task by midnight on Monday, the process is taking longer than expected. We will continue to work them throughout the night and will provide a status by 8:00 am, Eastern on Tuesday, April 9th.

As federal submissions are accepted, the linked state submissions will be Made Available for state retrieval.

I have acknowledgments for returns I submitted this morning, but still waiting on one from Sunday.

The IRS is processing the current submissions before the backlog from yesterday. The Quick Alert I received this evening from IRS says this:

I have acknowledgments for returns I submitted this morning, but still waiting on one from Sunday.

JINX

Guest Taxed

At this point I am not going to lose sleep over the Ack received date. I am just making sure I pdf each submission report incase IRS or Efile center loses the efile.

I have already started warning my clients of the IRS situation and almost all of them accept the fact that that is what happens when you are filing in the last week of the season. 99% of them are balance due so they don't really care as long as I can assure they will not pay a late filing penalty.

I just hope IRS makes sure that extension filing goes through on the 15th when the flood gates open up!