ATX Community

Beta test for ATX 2013

HV Ken

In my previous thread, I promised to find out how users can be considered for Beta testing next year's ATX release.

Since identities are hard to determine based on our choices of user names, If you send me in a private message your contact info (including email), I will send that along to my contact inside of ATX with the promise that you will be contacted.

Please don't hijack this thread for other purposes. Thanks.

Ken,

Weren't you part of the beta testing or group input for ATX last year? Or was it someone else on the board? Have you ever beta tested for them?

Tom

Hollister, CA

You might say I Beta tested two years ago, but did not last year. I have been on their Client Advisory Board for the past few years.

Good news. I'm sure your input will be valuable. And we will all be eager to get updates as it goes along.

I will give running updates as I see them. CCH SFS would be benefited by hiring some people that have both computer skills and tax preparation experience to assist their development team. I would imagine most of the development team are young enough to be my children.

Yeah, I always thought one reason the old ATX was so good was that Steve and Glynn Willett were tax professionals who started the business in their living room. Remember William Tasker, ATX Customer Service Manager? He was so great, partly because he was one of the original 5 employees, and he really cared about having THE BEST Customer Service in the world. In the early days, ATX Customer Service HAD A FANTASTIC MIX OF COMPUTER GEEKS AND TAX PROFESSIONALS. What a shame CCH did not respect that.

• Like 1

thanks mcb39!!!

31 years in the business - - over 7500 tax returns processed - -all - - by - - -myself!!! With, 3 audits - -probably about 30 letters requiring verification or more information - -I thought I had a pretty good record. Now - -after this year of only 135 return - -I am awaiting the letters - - my confidence level sunk to the lowest it as ever been.

On the good side - - -sine I was unable to open any rolled over return (until 12.5!!!) I reacquainted myself with EVERY bit of information for my clients!!!

On the bad side - - 100 letter going to clients telling them I could no longer prepare their taxes - -had to bee addressed by hand - - nail in the coffin!

Again - -pretty sure they don't want me!

thanks mcb39!!!

31 years in the business - - over 7500 tax returns processed - -all - - by - - -myself!!! With, 3 audits - -probably about 30 letters requiring verification or more information - -I thought I had a pretty good record. Now - -after this year of only 135 return - -I am awaiting the letters - - my confidence level sunk to the lowest it as ever been.

On the good side - - -sine I was unable to open any rolled over return (until 12.5!!!) I reacquainted myself with EVERY bit of information for my clients!!!

On the bad side - - 100 letter going to clients telling them I could no longer prepare their taxes - -had to bee addressed by hand - - nail in the coffin!

Again - -pretty sure they don't want me!

This is exactly the type of beta tester they need. The jerks at CCH need to see what their mistakes did to your business. You are the target market their product has served for years. I hope they are smart enough to see, and that you are not so bitter about what they did to you, that you would be selected and they would listen to your input. Crossing my fingers that you are selected.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 2

Take this simply for what it says.

DO NOT INSTALL 12.16 IF YOU ARE ON A NETWORK!!

NEW problems since I updated.

CCH SFS developers bit the big one again!!!

ATX SFS developers show the ineptness once again.

We are screwed. Can't undo. Even if I do a total system remove and install (3 day process) the latest install file has 12.16 in it!

Thanks again CCH!!!

Ken -

After all the BS at the tradeshow, I haven't heard from them once, except for a renewal call, and honestly after seeing all the user posts and lack of support posts on the official site, I have lost my interest in even considering using atx next year. They have had 5 months to get 2012 right and can't and I doubt then will get 2013 right with 6 months left before they ship the beta tests. I was promised the complete 2012 program so I can install it, do a few returns to use for my 2013 test, so far nothing. I really can't fathom why they continue to ignore begging pleas for help on the official site, as we discussed with them, the lack of communication is the real deal breaker.