ATX Community

Reject Issue

MAMalody

I have the following reject and have no clue how to fix it. I have compared it to similar returns to no avail. The reject (no code give) reads as follows"

XML error: The XML data has failed schema validation, cvc-complex-type.2.4.a Invalid content was found starting with element 'Postal Code'. One of '{http://www.irs.gov/efile":Country} is expected.

In other words:

The XML data has failed schema validation

I suspect it has to do with the 2555 but can't figure it out. Do you have a clue?

I had a similar XML Schema error earlier in the season and it has to do with the software and NOT the IRS MeF. All IRS MeF have a error code.

In my case I had a funny address like 251/2 street name and that was causing the problem.

So call your software support and they should be able to walk you through to make a minor change and resubmit.

The few schema errors I've had have been invalid characters, usually in a name of a company or street address. I've seen them for an apostrophy, comma, & in the wrong place, etc. I found out that Drake doesn't like commas in business names or periods after the abbreviations like "inc." but the system gives a warning before getting to efile.

Are there many manual entries on the 2555, or is it flowing from other sources such as the dividend input. If there aren't many manual entries, maybe you should try deleteing the 2555 input form and reentering again.

Have you posted this also over on the official forum. If you can't find any invalid characters and reentering doesn't work, the ATX staff is addressing problems such as this if you can't find what's wrong. That board should be a lot quieter now that the 15th has passed.

Good luck on me getting software support. I am with ATX and I tried twice before I posted. Well, I will try again. Thanks.

I had one that I had problems with, went to MyATX site, checked on e-file status, rejection error and it gave me a much better detail of what the problem was. Have you tried that? This year that fail scheme etc.... has been a pain the you know what! But I was able to clear my up by looking on the e-file info part of their website.

Deb!

• Like 1

I have not tried reinputing the 2555, yet. I have gone to the ATX site and checked the e-file status and it gave me no more information that came up on the program itself. I am about to try callling again. The only good thing is that it is a refund return so even if I go past the "grace" period I should be okay.

Got this today from ATX. This have been improved. Try again.

Customer Support Improvements

We want to tell you about some of the changes we have made recently to improve your Customer Support experience in the upcoming tax season.

Phone System Upgrade - A brand new phone system will enable us to more quickly route your call to the right resource. And, during high volume periods, you may opt to be placed in line for a call back from us instead of continuing on hold.

Expanded Remote Assistance - More of our Support agents will have the ability to access your computer remotely to resolve issues, with your permission.

Streamlined Processes - We have streamlined several processes, including the steps required to reset your ADMIN password when you are locked out of the MyATX Solution Center. That now takes about two minutes, so you can quickly get back to clients.

Improved Knowledge Base Search - Find what you need more quickly with the Knowledge Base search feature.

We are committed to delivering an optimal Customer Support experience to you, and we are confident these changes, along with additional smaller changes, will contribute to a more productive tax season for all of us.

August

Got this today from ATX. This have been improved. Try again.

Customer Support Improvements

We want to tell you about some of the changes we have made recently to improve your Customer Support experience in the upcoming tax season.

Phone System Upgrade - A brand new phone system will enable us to more quickly route your call to the right resource. And, during high volume periods, you may opt to be placed in line for a call back from us instead of continuing on hold.

Expanded Remote Assistance - More of our Support agents will have the ability to access your computer remotely to resolve issues, with your permission.

Streamlined Processes - We have streamlined several processes, including the steps required to reset your ADMIN password when you are locked out of the MyATX Solution Center. That now takes about two minutes, so you can quickly get back to clients.

Improved Knowledge Base Search - Find what you need more quickly with the Knowledge Base search feature.

We are committed to delivering an optimal Customer Support experience to you, and we are confident these changes, along with additional smaller changes, will contribute to a more productive tax season for all of us.

August

how about putting out a program where you don't need to call customer support? I know, I know, too many cocktails at lunch!