ATX Community

ATX 2013 Demo

Crank

Today I was scheduled for a demo of the ATX software and once again I had to call them and they still state that they need to get a release from TaxWise reseller MainStreetTaxSolutions.com before they can talk to me. This is the second week that I blocked time off of my schedule for this demo and the second time they used this excuse. Ive been trying to get a demo of ATX since about mid October. Im amazed at the incompetence and lack of professionalism

Crank if you really wanted to try out ATX for 2013, you could take the route another poster, Easytax did.

Sign up for ATX by giving them a down payment of $100, balance due Feb 2014 and you can cancel. see his previous post.

All you got to lose is $100 if you decide to cancel. It is far better than any demo of 2013 when available.

Yeah I know Jack. I believe what they meant, intentionally or unintentionally when they spoke of demoing the 2013 improvements is to discuss how the 2012 issues have been/are being addressed in the 2013 version. Ill findout if they ever get it together and connect with me. Or they are stalling because the 2013 is just that bad. IMO

Taxed - that may be a route to take if I regain any confidence in CCH.

If you are going to use ATX 2013 and you used some other software for 2012 returns, you will need to install ATX 2012 to convert the client files from other tax prep software to ATX format and then bring them forward to ATX 2013. Otherwise you will have to enter all the demographic and prior year data manually in ATX 2013.

I don't think you can avoid installing ATX 2012 unless you want to enter all prior year data.

Isn't anyone worried about whether the data will roll over correctly? Wasn't the 2012 program losing data when creating the e-file, saving, closing, then reopening? Sorry, I wouldn't have too much confidence in the rollovers if I stayed with ATX. I'd be rechecking every one of those returns, and if that's the case, you might as well convert to other software. After all, we're only going into the second week of November now and the program usually isn't released for several more weeks.

I sincerely hope that those of you that are patiently waiting for the rollout of ATX 2013 have at least spent some time this offseason to demo other software.

No, if you've been to the official forum, there are a few that have complained that the software was crashing, not opening, and losing data as recent as a week ago.

Anyway, I was talking about the possibility of the rollover data having problems, not anything to do with running a demo.

On any rollover return you got to check the carryforwards manually just to make sure it is there. I have had situations where the OIH loss carry forward was missed in the software.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else have a solution to fixing the rollover problem on the 2013 ATX program? I keep getting an error saying there is a communication problem preventing data to flow.

This is not the demo but the full 1040 program.

Click on the notifications icon at the top of the Return manager. There is an explanation in there.

Turn any hibernation or sleep settings on your computer off and this will greatly reduce the problem. Do the same for all other computers in your network.

I bet a lot of people miss the notification button. It's a direct jump to ATX's blog where they have done a good job posting solutions and recommendations. It's funny how many people on the Official ATX site don't even bother reading the BLOG. Most of the problems and complaints mentioned over there (over and over again) are addressed on the blog. It's at least a good way to keep informed of issues and solutions.

I must say, that at least so far I have not had any real problems, but then again I'm only working with a couple of very simple returns. I have a more complicated one coming in on Saturday.

Let the fun begin!

Deb!