ATX Community

ATX can't connect to server

jshtax

I had that same problem with my dell laptop running windows 7 pro that I purchased a few years ago. I purchased a new dell computer, an Optiplex 9020 Mini Tower computer and the ATX program works great on it. I am not sure how I installed the ATX program on my laptop, whether by disk or through the web download. On the new computer I installed it with the disk. I also agree with Deb.

I'm assuming you are still connected to three internet.

Do try to restart it. Some programs lose connection when the computer goes to sleep.

Also have you tried to restart it.

update the latest patch.

The last thing is to go into properties and connection. But I'm unsure of the step by step.

The problem will be addressed in the next program update scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 5, 2014. Just click retry until then. Make sure all of the systems in your network (or your standalone) are set to never hibernate, and the hard drive never to sleep.

This information directly from the developers at ATX. (I am connected!!)

Make sure your computer does not sleep or hibernate. If the computer goes to sleep, when you wake it up, ATX does not always wake up, causing that problem. I have never had that problem, but it has been discussed on the other forum.

My IT person has always cautioned me to NEVER let my computer go to sleep. He always says if you have a laptop, work with it plugged in as much as possible and shut off the sleep mode and avoid hibernation as much as you can. Causes all sorts of problems.

• Like 1

The problems that it creates is cause windows can manage the device's power functions.

You can disable this in device manager. The Wake on Lan feature is for something else.

But go into device manager and there is a little checkmark next to Allow windows to control the power to this device.

Remove that and a lot of those issues goes away.

Sometimes the device never turns back on when this is enabled.

Restarting it will fix it but removing that checkmark will fix it also.