ATX Community

Today's RANT!

Richcpaman

Can someone tell me why the Federal Payment coupon for balances due, the Federal estimates and State of Maryland estimates are all different sizes?

Why can't I just make ONE cut with the paper cutter instead of having to line up all three and making THREE cuts....

Sheesh...

Rich

• Like 2

But the smaller ones now say "Cut along Dotted Line" and have a line at the top.

Be a rebel. One cut. I double dog dare them to call you out on it. And if they do, next year crease it on the line and lick it, like we did in school, and tear it. That'll teach em.

I've had about all I can take. :P

• Like 5

I don't cut them either. Give them the whole page. Some of the forms my program is now printing have the instructions on the top so I can highlight those and no need for a separate sheet of instructions. Win all around. I also highlight the words, "cut on the dotted line and send the payment with the portion below" for the ones that can't figure that out for themselves!

• Like 1

It is a part of my service to cut the vouchers, place them in labeled envelopes and write the dates in the corner of the envelope. (I draw the line at putting the stamps on them) I don't like leaving loose threads hanging around. When I see some of the "slop jobs" that have crossed my desk this year from former preparers, it is a wonder that the clients could find anything in them, even if they cared to look. I really like a nice neat presentation of the client copy. As for cutting the vouchers; one slice for all. There are some lengths to which I will not go. Also, I hate the waste of 3/4 of a page of paper. How much scratch paper can anybody use?

It is a part of my service to cut the vouchers, place them in labeled envelopes and write the dates in the corner of the envelope. (I draw the line at putting the stamps on them) I don't like leaving loose threads hanging around. When I see some of the "slop jobs" that have crossed my desk this year from former preparers, it is a wonder that the clients could find anything in them, even if they cared to look. I really like a nice neat presentation of the client copy. As for cutting the vouchers; one slice for all. There are some lengths to which I will not go. Also, I hate the waste of 3/4 of a page of paper. How much scratch paper can anybody use?

I do the same thing. I believe they are paying me for a Signed Complete Finished Professional Package. I only have a few that I prepare the estimates for. If I did not cut, Paperclip each voucher to the Pre Addressed Envelopes, Highlighting the Due Date, Payable to, What to write on memo line, the estimates would never be made. Same goes if there is a balance due for Fed or State. Though this year I am setting up a great deal more with Auto ACH Debit to pay small balances due if I have their bank info and permission. Some of my clients do not even use checks anymore, so this saves them a great deal of stress. Just some random thoughts.

• Like 2

IIRC, with ATX, the federal vouchers were printed 3 on one sheet and the one more for the 4th, and then in more recent years were printed one per sheet that was blank at the top. Are there any instructions at the top now? Drake is printing the instructions at the top of each sheet with the voucher at the bottom. If I cut them, then the client loses that part of the instructions.

For the estimate vouchers, I give printed labels now instead of envelopes because most of my clients are paying online, and some of those will add all 4 state vouchers together and pay all 4 in April. There are still a few that get envelopes though. I still give envelopes for the balances due on the return though.