ATX Community

You are hereby directed . . . .

JJStephens

By the power vested in me by MM&I, I hereby direct that all tax preparers shall immediately upon reading this proclamation take a ten minute power nap break.

If your supervisor objects, tell him/her you're merely adhering to an official proclamation and that(s)he is also covered by it.

If that doesn't work, just have him/her call me . . . . 555-1212 (ask for Jerry).

• Like 8

By the power vested in me by MM&I, I hereby direct that all tax preparers shall immediately upon reading this proclamation take a ten minute power nap break.

If your supervisor objects, tell him/her you're merely adhering to an official proclamation and that(s)he is also covered by it.

If that doesn't work, just have him/her call me . . . . 555-1212 (ask for Jerry).

Should be 20-25 minutes. It takes 15 minutes for the brain to induce REM sleep. That is where the real rest is. 25 minute power naps work wonders for me, any time of the day.

Back by popular demand. . . .

In recognition of newly recognized executive powers to modify the law any old way I feel like, any time I feel like it, with or without congressional approval . . . (see, I was against that before I just now decided I'm for it! I just didn't properly understand its benefits ;) ).

My earlier 10 minute power nap pronouncement is hereby made a daily requirement for the duration of tax season (including extensions and loading/testing of next year's software) for all tax preparers and is extended to a minimum of 25 minutes.

Sweet dreams!

• Like 9

I was going to go to my stepdaughter's and boyfriend's concert tonight, but it's up in Hartford, we'd be picking up a friend on the way, and meeting everyone for dinner -- away from home for over eight hours and not home until after midnight with church tomorrow morning. I think I'll skip it. Hubby has the friend to keep him company on the drive, and stepdaughter lived with us long enough to know how short my time is during tax season. I spent some time on the phone with her this week advising as she was evaluating the 403( b ) at her new job. In fact, we speak at least weekly. I need a short break, but can't leave for eight hours today plus the few hours Sunday for church, counting money, finance committee meeting, etc. Maybe a manicure on Tuesday when the salon is slow....

Yes, at least treat yourself to a brief treat every few days for the rest of the 'season'. It can keep you sane and focused. An hour for a manicure or massage, or a REAL meal, etc, can work wonders. Even just an hour spent alone, listening to your favorite music, no interruptions, can be restorative.

• Like 3