ATX Community

Need additional Tax "work" -- Got tax smarts? Like helping people? Join Intuit’s 2014 Tax Support team

easytax

Apply Now

Email not displaying correctly? Click here to view in browser

49aadf4a-447d-4c39-8654-8698f13b7fb4.png

aa2bef82-38b3-4d06-9d3c-cf2f2b39ec55.png

Tax Advisory Services

e07bf4b2-e329-4fb3-9a5a-0b7499b96bb6.png

Got tax smarts? Like helping people?
Join Intuit’s 2014 Tax Support team

Hi,

Intuit is hiring TurboTax customer support agents for the 2014 tax season. Apply now if you:

• Like preparing taxes
  • Enjoy customer service
  • Love working from home

Apply Now

All you need is 1-2 years of basic tax preparation experience (no credential needed). You’ll answer tax questions and help people from the comfort of your couch. Plus you’ll be a valued member of Intuit’s small, flexible support team—that means you’ll get all the support you need too!

We hope you’ll join us!

Your Intuit Tax Advisory Services Team

2156af86-e1c4-4f01-8aab-55a0bac15418.png

IMPORTANT: Intuit respects the personal nature of e-mail communication. Every effort is made to offer only information that may be of value to you or your business. If you do not wish to receive marketing e-mail from Intuit in the future,

This message was sent to: 

If you receive an e-mail message that appears to come from Intuit but that you suspect is a phishing e-mail, please forward it immediately to [email protected]. Please visit security.intuit.com for additional security information.

©2014 Intuit Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit, the Intuit logo, among others, are registered trademarks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties' trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners and should be treated as such.

Internal Use Only:

Intuit Inc. Customer Communications 2800 E. Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85706

I will assume this is for TurboTax support for the DIY preparers out there correct?

Yes.  A colleague of mine does this.  You provide phone support for them and in many instances (via Intuit's VPN) work with them online to get things right.  I do not recall what they pay (if I ever heard).  They do provide some training (on their program, only, not taxes in general).  You are assigned specific hours where you must be online, with a short meal break.  My colleague has mentioned it can be hard to get a bathroom break in there outside of the official meal break.

Here is another golden opportunity:
Exactly what we need!
1040TaxBiz, the Master vendor for Family Dollar's Tax Kiosk program, is now accepting requests for the 2014 tax season. This program allows anyone {insert sarcastic tone} to open a Tax Preparation Office inside of one of their 8,000 plus locations. Contact 1040TaxBiz for details on how to open one or one hundred locations.

Why open a tax kiosk this season?
1040taxbiz is the exclusive national placement agent with Family Dollar for this coming tax season, giving you access this tax season to 15,000 to 40,000 in foot traffic per month. According to Family Dollars website "Our Core Customer: Female head of household in her mid-40s making less than $40,000/year"

This customer will usually claim Head of household, Earned income credit and Child Tax credit resulting in a refund from anywhere in between 5,000 to 8,000.

Good grief.

If the IRS needs a place to look for EITC fraud, places like this advertising for "anyone" would be a GREAT place to start.  Sheesh.  Reminds me of the two women I saw, years ago, heading into their HRB tax prep class still wearing their Dunkin Donuts uniforms.  Sign here, please, and pick up your coffee at the next desk.

• Like 2

The hype about the amount of foot traffic and "core customers" was exactly what Block used a number of years ago to try to get preparers to sign up to work in Walmart kiosks.  They used the additional enticement that this profile also fit Walmart employees, and each store had lots of those.  Well, it didn't work out too well for them and after a few years they chose not to renew the contract.  I think the only reason they stayed as long as they did was to keep the competition out. They then advertised these locations to franchisees with the same hype about number and type of customers going to the store each day. 

Without RALs, there is no reason for EITC/ACTC clients to pay $400 for tax prep when they won't get their money any faster than if they DIY or use a free clinic.  Family Dollar's offer sound like a way for corporate to make money off unsuspecting entrepreneurs.

• Like 1

Yes, have fixed some really HUGE errors over the years.  I don't fault anyone for trying to make money.  However, many of us have years of battle scars from schooling, learning, testing and doing research.  I still believe that we need to be regulated to some degree.  But, saw this morning that now the IRS is being sued for charging for a PTIN.  I don't mind paying for a PTIN.  I didn't mind paying for the RTRP test either.  It took me many years to build my clientele.  Somehow, having a designation sets me apart from the guy or gal sitting in the kiosk relying on the software to do the job.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but our jobs just keep getting harder and help is hard to come by outside of these boards.  It is nearly impossible to reach anyone at the IRS without a one to two hour wait time.  Even then, how much credence can you put into the answer you get when you do reach someone?  I take great pride in my work, but without this board I would have nowhere to turn for some answers.  Even have to look for a new assistant this year and people with tax knowledge aren't exactly standing on every street corner.

• Like 4