ATX Community

One simple proposal -- ACA -- for the future -- may affect preparers

easytax

From a discussion on ACA and what MIGHT happen to --- ease - things ...

Here is the URL for the MSN article where it is mentioned -- http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/4-ways-tuesday%e2%80%99s-election-could-hit-you-in-the-wallet/ar-BBc7fis?ocid=U147DHP

Maybe we should "look at" getting insurance licenses too? (along with the proper E&O and mal-practice insurance --- because when enrolling, there will be questions on what policy, coverage differences, etc... --- and I for one DO NOT want to "hang myself" because someone says --- well they did not explain it properly, etc. --- which is a BIG insurance requirement) //// based on knowledge of PA, MD and NJ insurance requirements, law, etc.

"People who are getting subsidies go in and out of the work force, and it's therefore really hard for them to predict what they're income really is," Gleckman explains. "It would be nice if we could figure out an easier way." One simple proposal that has received support in both parties is to move the Obamacare open enrollment, which currently takes place from November to February, closer to tax season in April. That way tax preparation firms could help people file their taxes and apply for enrollment simultaneously.

For anyone that asks for help, I send the individual or business owner to one of the insurance agencies in my area that specialize in only health insurance.  The particular agent that I usually recommend has helped me personally over the years with my mother's medigap and drug policy choices as her situation and health has changed, and also when my husband needed short term coverage before a new employer's insurance became available due to the waiting period because of the job change.

I don't give insurance advice, and I won't be in the future either.

• Like 3

"People who are getting subsidies go in and out of the work force, and it's therefore really hard for them to predict what they're income really is," Gleckman explains. "It would be nice if we could figure out an easier way." One simple proposal that has received support in both parties is to move the Obamacare open enrollment, which currently takes place from November to February, closer to tax season in April. That way tax preparation firms could help people file their taxes and apply for enrollment simultaneously.

OMG !!!!  NEVER, NO WAY.

• Like 4

National Association of Enrolled Agents

In case you missed Friday's E@lert, here are the dates and topics of those free members-only Webinars NAEA is offering. (2 CE credits each)

What Have We Learned from the 2013 ACA Changes, December 10

Learn to formulate advice and strategies to minimize the effect of Obamacare on middle and upper-class taxpayers. This session will also touch on taxpayers contemplating marriage (including same-sex couples) and the income thresholds that become "danger zones."

The Individual and Employer Mandates Under ACA, December 16 

Delve into penalties planned for individuals that have failed to obtain health insurance in 2014. Those exempt from the policies and those under the hardship conditions will be discussed in detail. The employer mandate that begins January 1, 2015 will be explained at length, even though the penalties have been postponed for a year.

What the 2014 ACA Forms Will Mean for Your Business, January 8

Join us for an in-depth discussion with examples on the use of the new forms and worksheets and the new documentation your clients need to bring with them for their tax appointment. You’ll get helpful suggestions on increasing appointment times, pricing, and giving your clients a heads-up on what to expect. This is one you don't want to miss! 

As soon as I have registration info, I'll post it! Stay tuned.