ATX Community

Accounting Leads Most Profitable Industries

Elrod

I dunno about you all, but my bookkeeping income has declined over the past five or six years.  Closed businesses don't need bookkeepers.  Retired business owners don't need bookkeepers.  People are not opening businesses here. 

Well, if they are, they've heard that I'm mean and they don't want me, even if I charge less than others.  And I do.  And I am.  ;)  Insert sound of cracking whip here.

• Like 6

(Accounting Today) Accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services are collectively the most profitable industry in the U.S., according to a new ranking.

http://www.accountingtoday.com/news/firm-profession/accounting-leads-most-profitable-industries-75632-1.html

I don't doubt that our profit margins are higher than most.  Our most used equipment is our big ole brains and we got em free from our mommas.  And daddies.

Edited by RitaB
  • Like 3

I have been busy all summer with medical appointments and amending self-prepared returns; which has garnered me several new clients.  Most issues have been with the ACA, but not all.  The other thing has been helping clients with responses to CP2000s.   And then there are all of those refinancers who just cannot find their copies of 2013 and 2014 returns.  I, also, still have clients who filed extensions and have not brought their info in yet.  What a year!!!!!

I have several corporate returns in the works, with HUGE holes in the info needed (Form 3115 info for one, one client can't find details on a $2k+ asset purchase that is NOT in QB that I suspect is either 2015 or she used a personal card by accident, etc.).  And I'll be at the NATP conference from tomorrow through Saturday.  Argh!  

I will see Independence Hall and take my cross-stitch project with me for the train.  Breathe.  It's OK.  I hope.  

:wacko:

• Like 2

From an article on MSN today of "jobs that will be extinct by 2030";

there was a screen shot here (BUT -- it has disappeared) it was slide 6.

Here is the URL for full article:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/8-jobs-that-will-go-extinct-by-2030/ss-BBlImkg?ocid=U147DHP#image=1

Edited by easytax
disapearing screen shot

From an article on MSN today of "jobs that will be extinct by 2030";

there was a screen shot here (BUT -- it has disappeared) it was slide 6.

Here is the URL for full article:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/8-jobs-that-will-go-extinct-by-2030/ss-BBlImkg?ocid=U147DHP#image=1

I heard the same kind of mindless, senseless and ignorant ranting when I was in Middle School in 1968.  Cars were supposed to be driving themselves, etc. by the year 2000 and cash was to be extinct by 2010.  I give as much credence to those predictions as the outcome of the ones I heard in 1968.

There will not be enough people with proper basic education to have such a society.

• Like 2