ATX Community

E-Services Problems

TaxmannEA

18 hours ago, TaxmannEA said:

I've been trying to get an account transcript on E-Services. The system lets me in, but the record shows only a half page at a time and will not let me print. Anyone else having problems?

Are you using Internet Explorer?  The IRS system does not work properly with any other browser - so we are stuck using the one with the most (and the biggest) security flaws if we want to see everything and print what we see.  

• Like 2

On 12/2/2015, 3:14:35, lynn EA in Louisiana said:

I purchased Tax Help Software for this purpose and receive all the items I need in minutes, presuming the POA has posted to the CAF unit, and in readable condition.  The reports stay in the THS system if I need to print them again. 

Lynn 

That seems like a lot of money for something you can get for free. What else does it do?

I got in quite easily to check (as I understand one can do) the number o efiles submitted under my EFIN.  Where does one find this information?  I browsed all the options and simply could not find where to get this information.  Am I in the wrong place?  Clearly I am ignorant of the correct pathway and would welcome enlightenment.

3 hours ago, jmdaviscpa said:

That seems like a lot of money for something you can get for free. What else does it do?

I saw a demo of it at the NE IRS Rep Conference in CT a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed.  I find getting transcripts on e-services time consuming, laborious, and annoying.  This program logs you in, retrieves ALL information on e-services for your client (again assuming CAF check goes through), downloads it to spreadsheets, indexes yearly transactions by DATE (not the hodge-podge you get through e-services) , gives you a summation history of all the years you have POA for - filing status, extensions, liens, collections, examinations (and THAT tidbit shows up here up to six months before the first letter goes to your clients so you can get early warning and amend!), and more.  I am buying it - today; it has been on my to do list since I got back from the conference.   taxhelpsoftware.com or 404-910-3605 for more info

• Like 3

I just installed the TaxHelpSoftware and used it for the first time.  I think I'm in love.

It installed with NO problems.  Setup was trivial.  It logged me in to e-services and got three years' worth of transcripts and other information on one client in less time than it takes me to log in.  Then it generated easy-to-read reports that gave me *just* what I was looking for clearly and plainly; no digging through reams of downloaded crap hoping to find what I wanted.  Next to tax software itself, this is one of the best tools I have found to use.

• Like 5

Catherine, how does this sync with IRS's identity protection efforts? We all know they shut down the "get transcripts" function for individuals and made it more lengthy for pros to access anything because we can no longer enter POAs online.  And now there is software to make logging in and retrieving client info a breeze? I guess I don't understand how the software works or how it keeps the bad guys from using it.