ATX Community

NEW MEMBERS AND USERNAMES

jklcpa

20 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Somewhere I heard another fake name for a law firm: Poore, Lee & Dowd.

OK.  Now is the time to tell this TRUE story.  My friend Wendy is a lawyer.  She was in a huge pre-trial meeting.  Lawyers everywhere, supposedly trying to settle something but actually involved in a p1$$ing contest.  No women except for her.  She got *totally* fed up with them, stood, and said, "I am going to leave this room for ten minutes.  Whip 'em out, measure them, put 'em back.  Then we'll settle this case."  and walked out of the room.  Ten minutes later she went back and a room full of very sheepish male lawyers settled the case.  History does NOT record the results of their measurements - probably none of them had a tape measure, so it would have been only relative.  :D

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Catherine,

Your friend sounds like the kind of friend I'd love to have.  Her story reminded me of NASA's attempt to help their astronauts order the right size of condomn type devices for urination purposes when in outer space.  NASA's original sizes were labeled as "small, medium and large".  Yep, you guessed it....every astronaut chose a "large", however, the vast majority had problems with them falling off.  NASA's answer to the problem was their new sizes:  "Gigantic, Humungous, and Enormous"...problem solved! True story...  My cousin was an astronaut and was appointed head of NASA after the Challenger disaster....can't wait til I see him to find out what size he was.  Actually he is a small guy....most of them are so they can have more room to move around in their capsules.  If I had to guess, I'd say he's a "Gigantic"!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yep! Click and Clack are pretty funny and from what you hear them say on the radio you would think they are car repair geniuses.

It´s a little bit of trickery.  While one engages the caller with small talk, the other is looking up the answer on a computer with car repair software.

The funny names arBe part of their schtick and some are pretty clever,  Do they have a chiropractor named Dr Bonebreak?

If not here he is, spelled bonebrake, although there was one in TX about 20 yrs ago, Dr Bonebreaker. 

http://www.healthgrades.com/provider/robert-bonebrake-28y2x

9 hours ago, Max W said:

Do they have a chiropractor named Dr Bonebreak?

Years ago, the Readers Digest published a list of funny doctors' names.  Surgeons named Dr. Botchit, gerontologists named Dr. Eld, and such like.  It was *very* funny - and apparently there are lots of these folks out there!

• jklcpa unpinned this topic