ATX Community

YAHOO!!!!

BHoffman

I have no idea where I am in relation to last year. My assistant is too busy with keying returns to actually do my books. 

But out I have been stuck at 72 returns in various stages of completion for weeks; it seems as soon as I get one done, another comes in.  But YAHOO!!!! I'm at 66 right now....well until my assistant comes in tomorrow and sets up the 4 or 5 new clients returns that have come in over the weekend...

• Like 4

The counties around me where I'd do taxes have all been given until May 16th to file and pay taxes this year because of storms we had around New Years. VERY few clients have heard this news so it'll be interesting to see if anyone cares. Several people who owed taxes were thankful to hear it.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, BHoffman said:

We should all list our daily major accomplishments :)  Mine is sometimes wearing clean clothes.

This is hysterical considering my third child was doing laundry and I had 32 pair of unmentionables in there.  He said, "Mom, you're wearing underwear, right?"

Major accomplishment today was I managed to be sweet to a lady with a $60,000 gain on the sale of a lot that was shocked she had to pay back PTC.  She had no tax liability.   I had some thought bubbles hanging in the air, but I was sweet and sympathetic (ok, no, I was lying) and she was laughing by the time she left. 

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, RitaB said:

This is hysterical considering my third child was doing laundry and I had 32 pair of unmentionables in there.  He said, "Mom, you're wearing underwear, right?"

Thanks for the reminder. I MUST do some laundry later.  :lol:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RitaB said:

You did not say what you answered when he asked that question?  Or should we just leave that be?

Tom
Newark, CA

• Like 3

My husband's parents are visiting with their aggressive 90 lb dog who will eat my dog on sight, so they must be kept separate at all times and I've been a nervous wreck because that dog doesn't seem to be very fond of me either, so I've been trapped in my office with my dog and a .22 pistol just in case and neither one of us have been very happy.

They are leaving today.  YAHOO!!!!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, rfassett said:

There is no reason to muzzle a dog that has not done anything wrong.  That would be a form of punishing the dog for what the dog's owners are doing. 

But this dog has already attacked her dog.  That justifies the muzzle.  Besides putting on a muzzle is NOT punishing the dog. it does not hurt the dog, merely prevents him from biting.  And just removing her dog does not deal with the fact that their dog has already been aggressive to HER, not just to her dog.   Relationships are all about compromising, but she should not have to live in fear in her own home, just because her husband does not want to confront his parents.  The muzzle is 'the compromise' in this case.  I'm a total dog lover, but no one should have to tolerate any dog being allowed to behave aggressively without correction in their home. 

• Like 3

That dog has not attacked my because I know all about those alpha females and they've never had the chance to be together.  We've been really careful.  

2 years ago, they visited with that dog and I suggest they board her at a doggy spa just up the street.  They huffed out and we didn't speak until this visit.  

So, it's grin and bear it.  At least it was only a few days while they are passing through AZ on an RV trip.