ATX Community

Income

fredazcpa

Clients(New) brings there information in today, has all the deduction, and they have taken the standard for the last two years, then I ask what abut income, they did not bring there social security, brokerage statements and pension statements, they will go home and look for them, and they have paid for the last two years.

What are they thinking of?????????????????????

• Like 5

1 minute ago, fredazcpa said:

Clients(New) brings there information in today, has all the deduction, and they have taken the standard for the last two years, then I ask what abut income, they did not bring there social security, brokerage statements and pension statements, they will go home and look for them, and they have paid for the last two years.

What are they thinking of?????????????????????

Bahahahaha!   I don't know, but I do know that every time a client says, "It's all there," I know for sure it's not all there.  Every.  Single.  Time.

• Like 13

Elderly client made appointment weeks ago.  Two daughters are handling his paperwork.  We start the return when they all three get here, and I get the information about his rental property and medical deductions from one daughter.  She asks what else I need.  I tell her all the 1099s for interest and dividends, the social security statements, his charitable contributions, his wife's IRA withdrawal.  Other daughter says, I have all of that,  I can drop it off tomorrow. 

What are they thinking??????????

• Like 4

I have many old...sorry, longtime clients who are well trained by me to send a fairly complete package every year.  But it is their kids, the 20, and  the 30 somethings  who year after year send me such a disorganized mess, missing docs, and with round numbers in the 100s or 1000s, and after multiple phone calls (they hate talking on the phone that's why I call) and e mails (their preference) it takes forever to get their file out of the rack.  One even forgot to tell me they had a baby, after I congratulated him, which I found out from the grandparent.   Makes me crazy, thank goodness for Motrin.

• Like 4