ATX Community

Well, well, well, did you LIE to your tax preparer? Did you?

RitaB

Gal who told me her doctor boss provided her health insurance (ok sounds reasonable) just came in with a letter from IRS: “Where’s your Form 8962, you got the PTC, so give your beautiful tax preparer your Form 1095-A and quit being liar."   ISTG that’s what the letter says.  Pretty much.

And you know what'll happen?  She'll probably get EVEN MORE PTC... 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, jasdlm said:

Repeat lies:

1)  It's the same as last year.

2)  That can't be right.  I didn't make any money.

3)  I use it 100% for business purposes.

4)  My yard sale crap is worth thousands.

5)  Tuition is killing me.  (Made 3k in excess scholarships.  I wish I could get killed like that.)

• Like 4

Reminds me of the gal about 20 years ago who wanted to deduct a new new pair of underwear every day. Said she was a nurse and her hospital employer required it. I told her that just because it was required (which I didn't believe for a minute) it still was not deductible. It had to be specialized clothing not suitable for street wear to be deductible. She assured me it was a special cotton underwear just for nurses. I still didn't buy it. We both agreed it would be better for her to find another preparer.

Sadly, her ex informed me a few weeks later that she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She died soon thereafter.

2 hours ago, RitaB said:

That last one is one reason Catherine and I have Smith and Wesson.  Just kidding.

Can you imagine a combination of Rita and Catherine....Rita's passion and desire to "cause harm" with Catherine's deadly accuracy?  There isn't enough pasture in Texas to keep all the bodies.

Tom
Newark, CA

• Like 8

15 hours ago, BulldogTom said:

Can you imagine a combination of Rita and Catherine....Rita's passion and desire to "cause harm" with Catherine's deadly accuracy?  There isn't enough pasture in Texas to keep all the bodies.

Tom
Newark, CA

Silly Tom!  Just *knowing* about the two of us totally stops any need for pasturage acres.  

• Like 6