ATX Community

I need to take some classes... any suggestions?

Pacun

I like to attend instructor led classes and I wonder if you have any suggestions. I want to learn how to prepare 1041s, trust returns, church returns, etc. I have been to classes provided by the Maryland Association of Accountants and Tax Preparers and others offered by the National Association of Tax Professionals and I wonder if you recommend any other schools.

I used to take classes from HR block to prepare partnerships and schedule C but now those courses are not available to the public.

As you know, once you take three classes with the same instructor, you know their jokes and their lies and they are no longer fun.

I view Bob Jennings webinars at taxspeaker.com. There are live seminars offered.  He's a pretty informative and even entertaining speaker.  Some of the included PDF reference books are better than others.  His seminars/webinars are geared to small tax practioners.  

• Like 1

AES (accountant education services, I think) and Top Gear (?) are both highly regarded.  I took an AES update seminar some years ago when my regular class did not fit my schedule and it was very good.  On another forum I use folks there rave about Top Gear classes.  

Also look at your state EA association; most of those hold classes and some are excellent.  Perhaps not as specifically topical as you are looking for, at least as a general rule.