ATX Community

The Accountant

FDNY

Starring Ben Affleck, coming soon to a theater near you.  He plays a financial consultant to an organized crime syndicate, not sure what era.  I've always been fascinated by those organizations, as they didn't keep detailed books (less evidence), only who owes who what.  Maybe a few composition or record books from my understanding.  Very profitable when you don't have much overhead like taxes, insurance, advertising, and benefits.

And I was hoping Affleck would be sporting a black and red cape with a big A with two underscored lines on his chest.   I'm sure many of you are considered super heroes by some of your clients....we probably have some good material for a sequel.  Casting and auditions begin after tax season 2017, get your portfolios ready.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I finally saw The Accountant this weekend.  Brings a whole new meaning when we say "I'm going to shoot my client."  

I was with a friend of mine when we saw it.  I was laughing the most about the fact that I don't know any accountants in that good of shape!  I haven't ran stairs or jumped banisters  - ever.  And I do like donuts................

• Like 6