ATX Community

PRS Funds required to open already completed return?

Janitor Bob

If I tell it to, it deletes the two forms only...doe not delete the actual RITA return, just the RITA EF INFO and OH GNTPOJ...which pulls info from W-2 and flows to the RITA...so without GNTPOJ, the RITA return is pretty much blank.

Problem is that I completed the return...client came to sign forms and pay....I try to open the return (to add Driver's license info) and it will no longer let me.....I did not want client to have to come back to get a generic City form to mail...Looks unprofessional after telling him that the RITA form would go electronically...So I paid $30.00 for access to a return that I had already done.

Next time, I'll skip the RITA forms and use the Generic...I just do not understand why it let me add the forms previously, open and re-open the forms several times over a few days, but then demanded PRS funds to do so today

Yes, this requirement to purchase separate efiling for RITA, a city form really yanks my chain, too.  I have figured out that I have to delete the efile part and can fill in the RITA manually and print.  The clients (fortunately only 3) either mail in or take to the local tax office for filing.  I despise the whole RITA concept as currently implemented anyway.  Rental carryovers are generic and can't be tied to the specific location now.  General city is the way to go, I think.

• Like 2

All I can add is, I'm sorry you all are experiencing this. I have had no problems with anything like this whatsoever. I used ATX for a lot of years and do fully understand your loyalty to it. I am also resistant to change but sometimes you just got to bite the bullet. I hope ATX can work out their problems and become what it used to be. If those who are being billed for PRS returns for a separate form have purchased what used to be ATX Max, I don't see why on earth you would be billed for accessing forms that are already there. Especially, in JB's post. I would want to know from  ATX why it let me prepare the return with those forms and then lock me out. Sounds similar to a bait and switch tactic.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, schirallicpa said:

I just got a collection letter for $139 for 2014 returns.  And there's no bill for it!!  ATX can't seem to give me a reason for my bill.  I think it's for 1099's that they started nickel and diming us for.

I haven't counted but there is at least 7 or 8 posters on the ATX Board who have also received mystery collection letters

just like yours.  It is truly mind boggling, the level of incompetence at ATX to do something like this.

• Like 3

Re: ATX

This is it for me. I have stuck with you people through all of your problems with the software and all of your customer service glitches for 20+ years, but being turned over to a collection agency when my credit card on file was up to date and the problem was on your end and now finding out that I was LIED TO about the pricing is the last straw!!!

The most recent post from the ATX Board about this subject.

I will be leaving too !

• Like 4

They aren't just nickle and diming PRS people. I have Total Office and they billed me for individual 1099s, not just 1096's as I was told. I have to go back and see if the $5 per prior year return was in my contract or if they added later. I still have no detail in my "billing information". I only use support when I absolutely need it, so they should be making plenty of money from me. I did not receive a collection letter, because they were able to debit my CC.

I really hate the idea of looking for new software. I have so much stuff on my plate with my business and family, that the idea of converting returns and learning something new just makes me want to go look for a job doing anything but taxes. I went to a Drake seminar two years ago and a couple people there said that they had problems with Nebraska and Iowa returns being computed incorrectly. That is a hassle that I definitely don't need. 

3 hours ago, NECPA in NEBRASKA said:

I really hate the idea of looking for new software. I have so much stuff on my plate with my business and family, that the idea of converting returns and learning something new just makes me want to go look for a job doing anything but taxes. I went to a Drake seminar two years ago and a couple people there said that they had problems with Nebraska and Iowa returns being computed incorrectly. That is a hassle that I definitely don't need. 

So far this year, ATX has had significant problems with state software for MA, VT, MT and HI and to lesser extent with several other states including business returns for my state of Oregon. Specifically, personal tax returns in HI and some business tax returns in MT could not be efiled until well into March. The overall atmosphere around  ATX  is the worst since 2012 and is very confidence deflating. There is nothing going on to inspire any confidence that next year will be any better !

59 minutes ago, cbslee said:

So far this year, ATX has had significant problems with state software for MA, VT, MT and HI and to lesser extent with several other states including business returns for my state of Oregon. Specifically, personal tax returns in HI and some business tax returns in MT could not be efiled until well into March. The overall atmosphere around  ATX  is the worst since 2012 and is very confidence deflating. There is nothing going on to inspire any confidence that next year will be any better !

:(

23 hours ago, Catherine said:

Might I recommend you folks all look at Drake, once we get past 4/18 and the dust settles.

I agree with Catherine. There are enough folks here to help with Drake questions and Drake support is nothing less than phenomenal. I am an ex-ATX user and during my time with them, never did they answer the phone in three rings. When it was Sabre and William and the others were there, the support was good so I want to give credit where it is deserved. When I left them, I have not looked back and in no way regret the change.

Don't waste your time on the third party resellers to save money. Been there and done that and wish I would have just switched to Drake and been done with it. The only one I tried for one year that was halfway decent was Tax Slayer Pro. But...they did not have some of the forms I need. So, why chance it, go with something that others recommend that is solid.

• Like 3