ATX Community

So you're planning for 2017 are you?

RitaB

I feel like a babysitter. Most returns are well on the way to being out the door. One left to drop off late this week for an extension. Then one very old lady I must go see because she broke a hip, can't drive and can't get into my office any more. It's OK. I did the same for one other, and this one I've known this family for about 50 years, and she only lives 1/2 mile away. It will be close to the deadline and go on extension.  They understand and are appreciative. 

The one that is really bugging me is a man that isn't terribly responsible with paperwork. He's had his package for almost 3 weeks and hasn't bothered to look at it or return the signature forms. Two emails and finally a phone call, he's now asked me to send only the signature forms again, this time to a different email address. :wall:

• Like 5

I think you've hit the nail on the head Judy.  People, we've got a wide spectrum of humanity, the good that we go out of our way for and the bad that we need to babysit and make sure they do the right thing.   It really burns me up that the last week when things can be hectic we have to chase after those that are sitting on their packages, like they are afraid there is poison in our tyvex envelopes.  I'm planning on my annual getting out of town  Monday.  Got a list, checking it twice to be sure I did my job in contacting all those April fools that keep us hanging.  

• Like 4

another dozen reasons to do a consumer tax - you spend, pay

we can retire or wait - help people do a better job at thier bookkeeping and make their businesses better and make more money!

and for credits - if your child actually goes to school - or competency testing for home schooling - not hanging out at the library or touring the local pool hall, give the parents the $$ directly

maybe more would then get a real job - if able

And make them take parenting classes -

get rid of the lobbyists, the irs, no cheating if no taxes to cheat on!

and no irs!! get a real job and don't make up the rules when they are in black and white!

• Like 1