ATX Community

Corporate Name Control

Abby Normal

Corporations

The name control for a corporation is the first four significant characters of the corporate name.

• Omit the word "The" when followed by more than one word.
    • Name: The Meadowlark Company
    • Name Control: Meadowlark Company
  • Include the word "The" in the name control when followed by only one word.
    • Name: The Flamingo
    • Name Control: TheFlamingo

Wouldn't just love to be in a room alone with the people who dream this crap up? With, perhaps, a baseball bat in your hands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

the people who dream this crap up

I just said this the other day to a client when explaining the nonrefundable portion of the AOC where one of the rules says "at least one of your parents is still alive."   I also like asking the question about if they've ever been convicted of a felony. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I had a colleague who said the big firms, brokerages, etc., lock a bunch of lawyers in a room until they come up with a usable loophole.  Then, the IRS locks a bunch of lawyers in a room until they can close that loophole.  Rinse and repeat...

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Lion EA said:

I had a colleague who said the big firms, brokerages, etc., lock a bunch of lawyers in a room until they come up with a usable loophole.  Then, the IRS locks a bunch of lawyers in a room until they can close that loophole.  Rinse and repeat...

I am so glad that I am not locked in either room with either group.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lion EA said:

I can hear the rumblings of lawyers now going over this new tax law that was not well thought out or well crafted. Stay tuned!

• Like 1

It is called bureaucratic creep (with creeps).  They have to justify their positions, so they keep inventing things for people to do, such as writing 87 pages of regulations on how to pack and ship potatoes.  Budgets, instead of starting from a zero basis each year, start from the prior year and add a growth percentage to it.  When politicians talk about cutting spending, they are talking about cutting the Growth, not the amount spent from the prior year.   Most of that additional spending is for hiring more bureaucrats and inventing more unnecessary things for them to do.

• Like 4