ATX Community

Tax Wise thinks I am stupid

GeorgeM

Today is March 24, and I just received this in the mail today.

Don't wait call 1-800-681-1756

2008 CCh JSmall Firm Services

Act quickly and you can take advantage of an incredible

offer. Buy any Tax Wise tax package and get next year free.

Thats 2 years of quality, powerful software for the price of 1 year.

But you must order by Ajpril 15.

I tried Tax Wise 20 years ago and had nothing but problems.

After doing about 10 returns I had a problem from day one

that their technicians could not fix.

It took me 4 months to get my money back after proving

to them it was the programs fault.

How can they say you area getting 2 years for the price

of one. Do they think I have still not purchased a tax

package?

Actually if they send you this years program to 'test' you are indeed receiving two years software for the price of 1. I see nothing wrong with the wording of what they are offering, and they already are assuming you have something that you are working on now. ATX has done that promotion since so long ago that I think we did it on our second year.

So, if you are an ATX user, they want you to switch... And so it begins... Wear down the numbers of 'atx' users by getting them to sign up for the package, then officially announce that since such a high percentage of people switched, they will end the ATX version and substitute the Taxwise program instead for those who ordered the ATX package. No, the sky is not falling, I just see the writing on the wall since they started the promotion BEFORE the end of tax season. They will offer something else come April 15 and keep changing the offer till enough people switch.

Now, if they do the same offer to the Taxwise customers to switch to ATX, then you can call me wrong, but I HIGHLY doubt they are doing it both ways. We already know which company they valued more when they eliminated ATX's support staff.

TRX PRO. Due to small practice mainly individual and sometimes business and reasonable price. Not as good as ATX but a reasonable product in reasonable price i.e. $299 a year. Not bad. Can live with some flow but customer service is good and free unlimited efile.

B Jani