ATX Community

Forms 1444 & 1444-B

Christian

No clients yet.  But for my own $1200 stimulus, I received an accompanying letter that was labeled Notice number 1444.  Fortunately I saved the letter.  I did not receive this for the recent $600 stimulus.  I'm wondering if this is the only thing to receive, not a separate end of year form.  And I received a check in the mail.  Not sure what people received if they had direct deposit.

I threw mine out without even scanning, but I have an IRS account and can download my transcript if I want. Also, I won't forget how much I got, but if I did, I can search my bank account for those deposits. I'll probably tell clients to search their bank account for the deposits. This will be easier for those who have direct deposit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lion EA said:

Supposedly the IRS is mailing Notice 1444 and 1444-B about three weeks after direct deposit/mailed check. As slow as the mail is lately, you probably don't have your 1444-B yet. How many clients do you think are keeping the notices AND giving them to you?! 

That would be a big, fat ZERO. 

I am asking for the totals and if I have to ask more than once, or if they get the answer wrong, I'm charging them! LOL 

• Like 3

You need to watch the software too, for dead people. My client lived for the first payment but was in Heaven for the second payment. Software gave her $600. Although she was dying to get it, she can't take it with her. 

Access: denied. 

I have another client coming in whose husband's stimulus payment was automatically deposited while he, too was in Heaven. I don't know how I'll handle that one. I guess he won't be paying it back, though. "Come and get me..." 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 10:52 AM, Abby Normal said:

I threw mine out without even scanning, but I have an IRS account and can download my transcript if I want. Also, I won't forget how much I got, but if I did, I can search my bank account for those deposits. I'll probably tell clients to search their bank account for the deposits. This will be easier for those who have direct deposit.

I just checked my Account Transcript for 2020 and it shows both last year's and this year's payments.