ATX Community

Using ATX how do I create PDF of only one of the K-1s

Linda Mathey

Linda, I bought the "PDF factory" print driver that ATX included free in the tax software a few years ago. It's installed as a separate printer so I can just change the printer in the ATX print screen and print to that PDF printer, which then allows me to delete pages.

I just tried using the PDF print button in ATX and it creates a file from which you cannot delete pages.. (dumb). Do you not have a separate PDF printer installed?

Another option would be to scan the doc, and create a pdf email from there.

I don't do K-'s, but when I want a single page, I just hit the "page" icon and it will print the current page. (As long as I change the printer to pdf. I don't use ATX's pdf, because in the past, it created more problems than it was worth.

Linda, I bought the "PDF factory" print driver that ATX included free in the tax software a few years ago. It's installed as a separate printer so I can just change the printer in the ATX print screen and print to that PDF printer, which then allows me to delete pages.

I just tried using the PDF print button in ATX and it creates a file from which you cannot delete pages.. (dumb). Do you not have a separate PDF printer installed?

No, I do not have a separate PDF printer. I guess I will scan and create file from there. Thanks for responding.

No, I do not have a separate PDF printer. I guess I will scan and create file from there. Thanks for responding.

on the print page click the box and check only page 1 to print and also on k-1 on bottom tab check whic k-1 ones to print. they are numbered so you only send your clients k-1 do this first then to print.

then I say pdf and tell it to save on desktop the go to desktop and right click and say to send to email address.

Works great

I have several PDF printing programs, including the Full Adobe, but I also bought PDF Factory (after using the one ATX had bundled), and use it for so much more than ATX. Nothing seems to be as convenient as this program. Worth every penny!

And BTW, makes it easy to add security (passwords) to the file for safe emails and printing of just the pages you want. Also very easy to delete pages you don't or accidentally printed. You can also add pdf pages from multiple programs by continuing to print until you have everything you want in the file. I will even print to if from Adobe Pro to easily combine files.

As for security, I add a password that includes 4 letter of my clients name (sometimes first name, sometimes last depending on their email address) with the last 4 digits of their SSN and tell them that right in the body of the email (not the pwd, but how I created it). So far everyone has had no problem with it. For instance if a client has a name of John Smith, email [email protected] and ss# 123-45-6789, the pwd would be john6789, if email was [email protected], pwd smit6789.

So someone would have to know the name and soc # before they could open it.

Joel

on the print page click the box and check only page 1 to print and also on k-1 on bottom tab check whic k-1 ones to print. they are numbered so you only send your clients k-1 do this first then to print.

then I say pdf and tell it to save on desktop the go to desktop and right click and say to send to email address.

Works great

Sorry to sound "dense" but when I select print I do not see where to select only pg 1 to print. I go to the k-1 to global and select which k-1 to print but it prints all 10 pages including basis.

What am I missing?

Sorry to sound "dense" but when I select print I do not see where to select only pg 1 to print. I go to the k-1 to global and select which k-1 to print but it prints all 10 pages including basis.

What am I missing?

While on the page you want to print go to "Returns" and next to last choice is "Print Current Page". You can also just right click on the page you want to print and the third choice from the bottom is "Print Current Page".

While on the page you want to print go to "Returns" and next to last choice is "Print Current Page". You can also just right click on the page you want to print and the third choice from the bottom is "Print Current Page".

Yes, that works if I want to print the page but I need to know how to create a PDF file with only pg 1 of the K-1 in it.

Yes, that works if I want to print the page but I need to know how to create a PDF file with only pg 1 of the K-1 in it.

go to print page the check the custom print box go to the k-1 and click on box it will open and show everthing check the box next to form and it will only pdf the page one of that k-1 if you already marked whick k-1 to print on bottom of global form.

See if that works for you. I tried it and it did just now

I go to print and change the printer to to one of the pdf choices and then close that screen without printing. Then when I right click and choose print current page it prints it to a pdf instead of my printer.

go to print page the check the custom print box go to the k-1 and click on box it will open and show everthing check the box next to form and it will only pdf the page one of that k-1 if you already marked whick k-1 to print on bottom of global form.

See if that works for you. I tried it and it did just now

It worked perfectly! Thanks so much!!

We have the PDFfactory and its companion piece Fine Print. Fine Print lets you manipulate the pages, then PDFfactory acts as the storage. We print everything to Fine Print, delete, reassemble, whatever, then put the final product into PDF factory. You can go back & forth between the two. If you wish to add a watermark or indexing to an already saved file, you just print it back to Fine Print, make the changes, then save or print to a hard copy. Come to think of it . . . . we probably use Fine Print more than we do PDFfactory. They are both great.

Maribeth

We have the PDFfactory and its companion piece Fine Print. Fine Print lets you manipulate the pages, then PDFfactory acts as the storage. We print everything to Fine Print, delete, reassemble, whatever, then put the final product into PDF factory. You can go back & forth between the two. If you wish to add a watermark or indexing to an already saved file, you just print it back to Fine Print, make the changes, then save or print to a hard copy. Come to think of it . . . . we probably use Fine Print more than we do PDFfactory. They are both great.

Maribeth

Maribeth:

I looked at Fine Print and didn't buy it. How does it help? Looked to me like it just allowed me to print multiple pages to a file, but if it does more, I might revisit it.

Joel

HAVE you tried to get on to MY ATX? i'd say they invented password protection

I think I will take your advice and use passwords like ATX passwords and have it change mine every 15 minutes with a random generator taken out to 3,543 characters, with both upper and lower case and all the characters above the numbers on my keypad and hidden alt characters.

Wonder if that will be secure enough?

Joel