ATX Community

Some people just don't get it!

MarkM

Two ADP reps who I have never seen before show up at my office this morning wondering if they could sit and talk with me about their workers comp and 401(k) programs and if I had any clients that might be interested.

I told them that if they think today is a good time to meet, then they either have no clue what we do or are too self-serving to care about what we do. It was so absurd I thought they might have been undercover agents or something. I told them to go s**k it (not in those exact words though).

Two ADP reps who I have never seen before show up at my office this morning wondering if they could sit and talk with me about their workers comp and 401(k) programs and if I had any clients that might be interested.

I told them that if they think today is a good time to meet, then they either have no clue what we do or are too self-serving to care about what we do. It was so absurd I thought they might have been undercover agents or something. I told them to go s**k it (not in those exact words though).

Many people are self-serving, and it's not just salespeople. I actually had a client call me yesterday planning for 2008. Talked to me for 15 minutes. Ok, it's great that you're thinking ahead, but there's this little thing called April 15...

Oh yeh, and an ATX rep called the day before asking if I wanted to renew. I wondered for a moment if it was someone playing a little joke on me.

Oh, great, my printer just died.

That's why I have two laser printers connected and use them both intermittently. Also have spare toner cartridges on the shelf for both (thanks to E Bay) If one acts stupid, the other one will usually work and vice versa. Some days I think the CPU and printers are as tired as I am. Good luck finding a replacement. I know it is not funny.

That's why I have two laser printers connected and use them both intermittently. Also have spare toner cartridges on the shelf for both (thanks to E Bay) If one acts stupid, the other one will usually work and vice versa. Some days I think the CPU and printers are as tired as I am. Good luck finding a replacement. I know it is not funny.

Oh, it's fine. Just needed toner. Thank goodness I had a cartridge. Also, my #1 printer really did die last week. That was not cool. Murphy's law or something, I guess.

Oh, it's fine. Just needed toner. Thank goodness I had a cartridge. Also, my #1 printer really did die last week. That was not cool. Murphy's law or something, I guess.

Must be Murphy's Law - my Laser just quit on me the other day. Then it finally spit out a page that said I needed to replace something. (I can't remember the wierd name) I called Dell to order this wierd thing and the guy said it sounded like my drum was going out. I told him I just replaced my drum two weeks ago. He said, ok, we need to reset the drum counter. After turning off the printer, opening the front cover, pushing the continue buttom five times in a row, watch the flasing led lights do a correct light show, turn on the printer, push continue, push cancel, push continue two more times, ......and on and on and on...... if finally reset and all is good in the world. And to think I almost threw the darn thing out the window.

we got 300 more extensions to get out, i started to climb out the window yesterday but my secretary pointed out that we are only on the second floor and i would most likely just break a leg and not kill myself. i had to agree, sat down and did a few more before i went home.

i have 4 interns today, 3 tomorrow, and rounding up a bunch for monday just to drive around delivering returns. we did good planning and left most of the more local ones for last!

Must be the time of year. Mind goes this close to April 15th.

Maybe you need a fill up like your printer.

Margareta anyone?

Joel

I just got a call from a partner of a partnership I prepared. His stepmother is preparing his personal return. She used to work for HRB and is using TurboTax to file his return. HE SAID SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE K1 THAT I GAVE HIM because when his mother entered it in her program, the $25,000 loss didn't change his income but showed it being rolled over to 2008. I tried to tell him that there was probably a box in her program that was either checked or unchecked making it appear to be a passive activity. I have noticed over the years that HRB preparers are quick to point out errors or perceived errors of other preparers. I guess that is something HRB teaches them to do.