ATX Community

Exension Countdown

JohnH

So how is everybody doing at this point?

It's 4:00 EST on Apr 14 and I all my completed returns are out.

I've already filed 36 extensions and will be completing 6 more extensions (plus my own) by tomorrow AM. Hopefully it will all be done by noon and I'll spend a couple of hours back-checking to be sure all the extensions were handled properly, then out for dinner with my wife. I sure do like Form 4868.

Hope things are going smoothly for everyone else.

(Can't believe I misspelled "Extension" and now can't figure out how to edit the topic title)

two missing clients called in and they are printing out 4868s and 3519s and sending them out themselves. The last one called in and is going to try to collect from a client so she can make a payment, so that one will go out tomorrow. Doing yardwork. Its so nice to be physically exhausted by good old fashioned labor rather than from mental work and stress.

The cut grass is making me itch though.

My work is completed & the limited # of extensions I have are already filed. I'm exhausted too. I took today off and attended to some personal business.

Yard work is upcoming. Today was absolutely gorgeous here, my weeping cherry blossoms are just popping. I just love this time of year, especially now that I can relax a little.

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:00 ESt..... 15 hours in the books already, only 5 more to go.. (If I am lucky)

I had the usual late filers, but this year a whole slew of 'normal' filers waited till the last week.

So right now, I am working on a partnership and then both partners' personal needs done. Got six returns here partially finished waiting on info. 1 fairly large business not started. And several others still expected to show up.

Otherwise, I am just WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spaz:

I'm working on one last complicated, convoluted situation. Everyone else is either e-filed (some still waiting for acks, of course) or on extension.

This last one I hope the lady calls me back today.... she sold her old house (at a non-deductible personal loss), then cashed in stocks to give her daughter so _she_ could buy a house. Then my client paid the mortgage and RE taxes all year. Now hit with big capital gains tax bill and she has no money left (gave it all to daughter, of course). Daughter needs to amend (big box chain did hers) to claim rental income so she can refi later this year to get rid of interest-only loan she ended up with - but this will cause her to need to pay back much of her refund; that's going to go over like a lead balloon. Plus gift tax return... that one is done, and my client's is done but needs printing.

Not a nice way to end a tax year -- but sometimes you just can't save people from their own folly. Sigh.

On a nice note, dropped off my first quarter estimated payments at the post office today, plus a bunch of e-file acceptance confirmations. So far this year my income is up 50%. Either I'm finally charging appropriately, people are paying faster, or I really _have_ done that many more returns.

ATX has been pretty good this year. There have been some e-filing problems and some flow-through numbers (state returns, mostly) that didn't. The latter I'm assuming are from the 12/24 tax law changes. The former might be growing pains. But the software itself (and having all the forms I need, plus this and other groups helping me with research when I get stuck) has really helped my throughput; more, faster, less painful every year.

Catherine