ATX Community

Payroll software

grandmabee

I use QB for accountants payroll software (desktop) for all my payroll clients.  With QB raising their prices up so so high I will be looking for a new software to use for my clients.  Does anyone have a software that they like really well?  I was paying 750 a year for the QB and now the price will go up to 1400.  That is only for the payroll program, still have to pay for the regular QB

TIA

I currently use Medlin for my smaller clients 10 or less employees.

I did an extensive search for payroll software back in late 2021.

At that time Patriot was struggling with handling Oregon payroll taxes according to according to one of their Tax Departemt employees that I talked to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does Medlin import into Quickbooks or do you have to manually enter it?  I'm in the same boat.  The cost is outrageous and nothing has really changed with the program except that they are wanting everyone to go online which in turn would cost each of my clients more than what I am currently charging.  Seriously thinking about an annual software surchage for each client that will help me with my costs and overall help them with their costs if I have to move them to online.

The last time I looked, Intuit has a public facing import, but it has a fee. (A pay us for not using our payroll software fee?) This may have been an alternative income stream when they failed to get banks to accept their file format and usage fee as the defacto standard.  There was a third party who attempted a work around, but they got blocked often and have to provide constant updates. No idea if they still exist. 

Much easier and cheaper to manually play monthly or quarterly payroll totals (into your accounting software). The details are in your payroll records already. 

• Like 1

For me the biggest problem with Intuit and QBO Payroll is their aggressive data mining of all the payroll data and using that information to increase their income.

For example if your client agrees to give their employees online access,  Intuit will offer the employees advances which will be automatically deducted from the employees next paycheck minus fees and finance charges of course.🙄

• Like 1
  • Angry 2