ATX Community

Totally NT: AI-generated cover of Frank Sinatra singing "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Catherine

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't like this version but it IS very scary what's going to be coming down the pike in the future. They can generate fake photos, fake videos, fake interviews using AI to discredit a person. Instagram has entire pages of AI generated models for whatever you are interested in looking at. Very freaky when you consider political or economic events in the future.

Imagine if someone goes massively short a particular stock using options and then releases a fake interview of the CEO making horrific claims.

William Randolph Hearst supposedly said "You furnish the pictures and I’ll furnish the war." AI can easily furnish all the evidence you need.

• Like 1

AI is often plain old theft of copyrighted material.  Most see the problem with things like a magazine or other "news" source getting caught using AI generated articles. The old way of learning, such as reading encyclopedias cover to cover, classroom, or even using a search engine to find relevant information, is not theft, while using copyrighted material as your own is.

There was something in the news about using AI to spit out what AI used to create their data has been done (hacked), which might prove useful for those fighting to protect their rights.

A live example. I pay a company for certain tools to use which keep me from having to learn and keep up with certain very specific things.  Essentially, I pay for the work of their employees. I could use AI to create the framework code to replace this service I use, but I would rather rely on actual experts in the field, rather than the skills of some programmer who is searching and compiling data others created.

• Like 1