ATX Community

Things clients do that make you go HUH?

BulldogTom

And if she's big enough to get a refund, you probably can't spank her, either. ;)

I guess having to wait for that refund to get bounced and a check sent will have to be consequences enough.

I had a niece like that last year. I waived my fee; but she had to pay the $20 to the bank for their fee.

• 4 weeks later...

I just had to share this one...

Current client (single female) asked... "Does being married changed the amount of the First Time Homebuyers Credit?"

I responded... "No, the amount of the credit is the same whether you are single or married."

Client... "So it would be better if my boyfriend and I bought the house together before we get married in May?

I respond... "That will not change the amount of the credit. 10% of the purchase price up to a maximum of $8,000."

Client... "So, if we buy the house together.before we get married, can we get TWO credits?"

I respond... "No, only one credit per house."

Client... "But if we are not married, wouldn't that be TWO households, and then $16,000 credit?"

I respond... "No, only one credit per house. If you buy it together, you split the credit."

Client... "That doesn't hardly seem fair..."

I had to repeat this to her three more times before she actually believed me...

Client... "That doesn't hardly seem fair..."

Gee, what part of 'per house' does she not understand? I guess greed makes people have tunnel vision.

Well just write "unit 1" and "unit 2" and pretend they're apartments! (You know there's gotta be some preparer somewhere doing that fraud...)