ATX Community

Any Body Know What's Up With MYATX?

Tax Prep by Deb

Seemed to work ok for me. My subscription info didn't come up, but if I click right above that on "Order Status" I can see all my current products, their ship date & tracking number. The "Year" column is reporting the wrong year, and no installation codes are shown. My current renewal shipped in 7/07 is showing it is for tax year '06.

Maybe the site was under maintenance.

Mine is working fine, but this was added today so they may have been updating the site when you tried to access it:

Weblog - The Latest ATX News

Test Drive our new Site Builder program

8/23/2007

Site Builder and CompleteTax - Get them both for just $495! To test drive and purchase please click here.

Print This Article

Mine is working fine, but this was added today so they may have been updating the site when you tried to access it:

Weblog - The Latest ATX News

Test Drive our new Site Builder program

8/23/2007

Site Builder and CompleteTax - Get them both for just $495! To test drive and purchase please click here.

Print This Article

Dang! This happens whenever I try to edit a post. My additonal question is "What are these programs and why are they so pricey?

Thanks for the quick response, however when I try it all I get is a blank page. The following is the message I get when I try to access it directly:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /timeout.aspx

I have three computers and two of the three get this same message, the third one I was able to get through. Anybody out there have any clue as to what my problem might be? It worked fine the other day, but for some reason I can not access the site from my main computer nor my laptop. I can only access the site from my dad's computer. We are all networked using the same Internet Service Provider!

In case you need to know I'm using Windows XP Professional

Are you using the same Internet explorer version on all 3 computers? Maybe ActiveX is not installed on the two computers. I would open internet explorer, pull down the tools menu, windows update and install the critical updates. (while this might not solve the problem, you should do it anyways).

Thanks Pacun,

I am assumming that you mean critical window updates? If so I have my computer to automatically download and to inform me when there is an update. My laptop recently did that and I installed the update. My main computer had a download ready to install last night which I did and then tried again but failed.

I actually checked another computer I have as well. Two out of four connect whereas the other two will not. Any other ideas?

Just an update to my previous post. I have checked my Internet Explorer Version and three of the computers have the same version. Two will not connect and one will.

The internet explorer version I'm using is 6.0.2900.2180.

If it is the active control x that I'm missing any idea on how to get it back? I know there have been several sites that I trust that have required me to install it to use their site and I have, but I can't even get to that point with ATX.

Again, Thanks to all who is trying to help me! Everything is greatly appreciated!

Deb!

If you follow my instructions, you will be forced to install activeX from Microsoft if missing. That's a requirement before you can do any windows update.

Pacun,

I did as you suggested and now am updated to Internet Explorer 7.0. This and one other item was all that the update came up with and both downloaded without asking for the control X.

I've tried again after the download and still nothing! I still get the same error message!

Any other thoughts?

Deb :(

I did as you suggested and now am updated to Internet Explorer 7.0. This and one other item was all that the update came up with and both downloaded without asking for the control X.

I've tried again after the download and still nothing! I still get the same error message!

Any other thoughts?

Deb :(

Deb,

By any chance, did someone on those computers on which you can't get to MyATX, turn off cookies? To get on that website, you must have cookies enabled. That can be done through Tools on the toolbar at the top of Internet Explorer<Internet Options<Security tab. Look there and see at what level cookies are allowed.

Wayne

Open internet explorer, pull down the tools menu, internet options, from the general tab, deleted cookies, from the privacy, make sure "block pop ups" is NOT checked, click OK, exit internet explorer, reopen it and try ATX again. If this doesn't solve your problem, you can back and have "block pop ups" check or not checked as you wish.

For the record, I forgot to tell you that if you do not want to update to IE 7, you should unselect it when doing the critical updates. By this time, most software companies fully support IE 7, but if you do not want to install it, don't.

Thanks Wayne and Pacun for your acknowledgements.

As to installing explorer 7, the only program that concerned me was Quickbooks, but I've updated to the most recent version which support 7, so that's not a problem.

As to the computers that can't access it, I am the only one that touches them and I have not made in changes to my system. I do have security set not to accept cookies, so I will certainly try and see what happens. I'll let you all know what happens.

I guess it could be worse. One of my clients called this morning and she can't even get her computer to turn on. Was working fine the other day but can't even get it to open today!

Thanks again,

Deb!

As to the computers that can't access it, I am the only one that touches them and I have not made in changes to my system. I do have security set not to accept cookies, so I will certainly try and see what happens. I'll let you all know what happens.

That's your problem then. Some sites need to put cookies, you should relax your security setting on IE and try ATX. Go IE options, click on the security tab, and set the internet to default settings and allow cockies, exit IE and reopen IE and try ATX again.

Hello Wayne and Pacun,

I've tried your suggestions. Checked to see how my cookies are set up and by default it is showing to allow. I have never changed this so I'm assuming the is the default setting.

I did disable pop up blockers and tried to access the site, but again with the same message. I just don't get it! I have done nothing different with any of the computers I use. I will be the first to admit that I know nothing about a computer, that's why I don't mess with the settings, however something has changed.

Thanks for the input and keep the ideas coming, I will pretty much try anything!

Deb!

Hello Wayne and Pacun,

I've tried your suggestions. Checked to see how my cookies are set up and by default it is showing to allow. I have never changed this so I'm assuming the is the default setting.

I did disable pop up blockers and tried to access the site, but again with the same message. I just don't get it! I have done nothing different with any of the computers I use. I will be the first to admit that I know nothing about a computer, that's why I don't mess with the settings, however something has changed.

Thanks for the input and keep the ideas coming, I will pretty much try anything!

Deb!

Deb,

At what level are your cookies set? There are more than two levels of cookie acceptance. If yours is set too high, the ATXers website will not work properly since they insist on cookies.

Wayne

One time I had trouble accessing the site and I was told to delete the cookies, files & clear history. You can do this by going to IE>tools>internet options>delete cookies>ok>delete files>delete offline content>ok>clear history>yes

Hope this helps!!

Eli

One time I had trouble accessing the site and I was told to delete the cookies, files & clear history. You can do this by going to IE>tools>internet options>delete cookies>ok>delete files>delete offline content>ok>clear history>yes

Hope this helps!!

Eli

I think this is the best advice, sounded like a corrupt cookie to me too, but after skimming the thread I didn't see if you had tried it already. Of course, now that I changed my nick to Idiot, who knows if you would listen to me.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

You guys and gals are the best! I deleted the cookies, tried to get on and I finally did it! I know thats what was suggested earlier, but when it comes to computers I am very dense!

As for you Idiot, I don't believe you user name in anyway implies that you are an Idiot, especially from the posts that I have read of yours dealing with computers.

Thanks again to Pacun and Wayne, and you too Eli!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

You guys and gals are the best! I deleted the cookies, tried to get on and I finally did it! I know thats what was suggested earlier, but when it comes to computers I am very dense!

As for you Idiot, I don't believe you user name in anyway implies that you are an Idiot, especially from the posts that I have read of yours dealing with computers.

Thanks again to Pacun and Wayne, and you too Eli!

We's a team!! Glad to be part of it!!

Eli