ATX Community

NT - How is Everyone?

Monkeyman

Hello Everybody,

I don't check in here as much as I used to. I am on a new contract and make roughly 200 calls a day.

My oldest daughter (Cora, 7) is entering the Little Miss Caribou pageant so I am pretty excited.

She will be doing a dance number to the song "Friend Like Me" from Disney's Aladdin.

Everything is pretty good for me right now. Busy, but good.

How is everyone else?

I see JB must be pretty depressed as his Mamma told him he was as useless as a 3-legged donkey.

Kerry

P.S. - Lion, I am so sorry to have missed the post where you needed help.

If I had seen it I would have driven to work and physically gotten you some help.

I have Excedrin Headache #22. Just explained EVERYTHING, and I do mean EVERYTHING, about business expenses to a couple for whom English is their second language. This would not be so frustrating, but I have done their return for eight years now. We go through this EVERY year.

Other than that, my 15 year old son is playing in regional basketball tourny tonight, and I am really looking forward to the game!

My 17 year old daughter lost her tourny game Sat, but she is now doing track.

20 year old son and husband are both worried about cat, Ricky Bobby, who got neutered today. Ouch.

I have had to make some furniture changes, because sitting for long hours in a chair that doesn't really fit me was starting to _hurt_. The newer one is better but still not great; I have some shopping to do post-season.

I am currently banging my head against a nasty S-corporation return where the balance sheet won't balance and I'm having trouble tracing transactions for loans the shareholder made to the company and payments to the loan to her funding source and back to herself. And I spent an hour today going over info needed for Sch C with someone (returning client) who I thought was bringing papers over but instead wanted a tutorial. Same tutorial I gave her two years ago. Sigh.

The good news is I caught up on about 2/3 of the backlog over the weekend and am hoping to catch up some more before yet another slew of returns pours in the door.

Another big plus is the local shop had wild salmon today, so we're having wild salmon, fresh bread, and sauteed kale/red cabbage/onions for dinner. Yes, I get to make it --- but it will still be yummy.

Thanks for asking!

Catherine

Hello Everybody,

I don't check in here as much as I used to. I am on a new contract and make roughly 200 calls a day.

Well, we're all pretty busy right now, but at least all these changes are good for business. Even tho people are not as positive as usual, they still appreciate the need for good tax advice, especially now. Lots of questions about what to do with retirement accounts, etc.

I'm glad everything is going well for you.

Hey, Kerry, I know you guys are there for me.

Starting to get calls about the returns I haven't finished yet as well as calls from those who want appointments, to drop off, etc. I'm more behind than I want to be. And, Merrill Lynch still hasn't mailed statements to some of my clients. Brokerages get extensions, but we tax preparers get no extensions unless we talk our clients into them. So, we have to do the same amount of work in less time.

Car died, tooth broke, husband lost keys while I was with him so lost that day until we gave up looking and taxied home and located a neighbor with our door key. Daughter's jumping into the frigid Long Island Sound on Saturday to raise money for Special Olympics, so lose that day too to provide moral support and hold her dry clothes!

Pretty much the usual tax season.

It's been 'normal' here. Grandchildren sick, Daughter and husband are moving out this weekend, husband backed up into a dump truck then left the key on in daughter's car had dead battery then he backed up into my car with his other vehicle all during the northeaster on Monday, everybody wants their return done but they don't have in info (got a pile sitting on the desk waiting for numbers). Yes, it is normal. Wish someone could define normal.

Looking back from my advanced years, I would guess that the hormones would overwhelm any wisdom acquired. Or else you would get in bigger trouble because you know more but really aren't any smarter.

"It's amazing how much "mature wisdom" resembles being too tired."

Lazarus Long,

'Time Enough For Love' by Robert A Heinlein