ATX Community

Taking a Vacation Day on April 15

Janitor Bob

I have never done this before....usually helping clients until midnight on April 15.....But this year, my daughter comes first. We are spending the day on April 15th (and April 16th) visiting various colleges in Ohio. So instead of taxes on April 15, I will be at Kent State Univ. and Bowling Green State Univ.

PRIORITIES

I have never done this before....usually helping clients until midnight on April 15.....But this year, my daughter comes first. We are spending the day on April 15th (and April 16th) visiting various colleges in Ohio. So instead of taxes on April 15, I will be at Kent State Univ. and Bowling Green State Univ.

PRIORITIES

Durn tootin' get those priorities in line. Have a GREAT time with your daughter, and good luck to her in figuring out where she wants to go!

Catherine

PRIORITIES

Janitor Bob,

Good for you! During my professional tax preparation career that started in the 1963 tax-filing season, I've made it my policy to never prepare any tax return on April 15th. On that day, the only thing I will do for a client is to prepare and mail an extension for them, if they let me know they need one prior to the closing of the Post Office near me. I had a potential new client call me this morning and tell me he hadn't filed returns for the past 5 years and that he wanted to get his done for him today. I told him I would get an extension and we would see about doing them after Wednesday. I never allow my clients to stress me out because of their laziness or whatever else may have caused their procrastination. It's just not worth it.

Wayne Brasch

You go JB! I concur with the others - you should be commended for keeping your priorities in order. Spending time with your daughter is important, but visiting the home of the Golden Flashes - now THAT is what I call keeping your priorities in order. :) My first degree came from Kent State University just a short five years after the tragedy of May 4th, 1970. The education I received there has served me well over the years.

Good Job JB. I am officially done for "tax season." I will be back next week but I am leaving in the morning for some R&R with my children. They are on spring break this week and we are going to enjoy it. Thanks to all for the great help this board has been to me.

You go!! Took a day off last week to go with my mother on an outing. She thinks I'm her older sister so it is nice to take her out with a group and just have fun.

I lock my office at noon on April 15 and leave for a couple days. If it ain't done by noon on April 15th it ain't getting done without an extension. Had walk ins today. Had calls to make appt for tomorrow. REALLY!!!!!!!!

Karen