ATX Community

New software feature

jainen

A SALY button would save time on a lot of C's and A's, especially, now wouldn't it? I'm sick of hearing, when I ask about an item, "Oh, it was the same as last year, just use that number." GRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr [That is when I make them give me all the expenses IN WRITING, if they have not already done so. ]

Damn old codger! Where the hell you been hiding? About time you got back here. Now go look at my post I just made and rip the $hit out of me for being stupid. Then tell me in your oh so smug way that if I just read _________ publication, court case, or code reference, it would be as clear as mud to anyone with half a brain.

Good to see you posting again.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Sounds good to me...although it would be best if it then tinted all the entries purple (estimated), but let the extension fly as is. (So we don't assume that those numbers actually go on the 1040.)

What I would like to see is a way to click on any line of the tax form and select "Same as Last Year," without having to put in all the background numbers. Or, have an option to do the entire return SALY. It would sure make extension day go faster.

>>Then tell me in your oh so smug way that if I just read _________ publication, court case, or code reference, it would be as clear as mud to anyone with half a brain.<<

Nothing personal, Bulldog, but I doubt if anyone on this forum HAS a half brain tonight [April 15]. Nobody in my office does. But I'm not going to pull out all those old Post-It notes for such an absurd scenario. In my opinion, you should have stopped half way through the first sentence.