ATX Community

TRX I'm Jealous

Terry D EA

I have read most of the posts regarding TRX. I would like to know more about this but no one has called me. I have used ATX for 10 years now and certainly don't mind saving some money. Actually, I wish I would have known about this sooner. TRX call me (919) 304-6981

Terry D.

Hey! Terry,

Hope tax season's gone well for you so far. If they call you let me know how that goes. I'm pretty much leaning to go the TRX route myself.

Seems most of the comments from the people who have actually used their product were pretty happy.

Eli

Well, Terry, they were not offering ATX before, just TaxWise, which is why most of us were not interested before. But now that they are offering our program, I sure am. And I don't think I'm worried about how CCH will react, because they would not be selling it to TRX if they cared about losing a few current customers to them. As I said elsewhere, it's marginal cost to them.

Hey Eli, good to hear from you. All went well this year and I am glad it is over. There is still plently to do though. As I see it, if TRX is selling the same ATX Max product minus the books, at a substantial savings, then why not? Support is an issue for some but I only called them once this year with a minor problem that was irritating but did not affect program operation. I have only contacted them a few times within the last 4 years. So, same product at seriouly lower prices, I'll probably change. I'll call you when I get a call from them.

Have a great day!

Terry D.

I hope you do get a call. I am still waiting on an email reply to the one I sent yesterday morning to Braeden.

"Hello,

I've been following the threads on the ATXCommunity forum with great interest and some reservations. As a 10 or 11 year user of ATX, I am a pretty loyal user. I also am a sole proprietor with limited resources so saving, in my case, $400 is a serious matter. I do have the following questions I have yet to see addressed, although could have just missed them:

Since TRX will not provide an archival copy of the program, is it possible for me to burn a cd for personal use or archives or to load onto another computer that does not have internet access?

I currently use the 3 computer no extra cost feature on a peer to peer network. Is that the same with TRX?

I use the Uniform paper and envelopes for W-2's and 1099's. Does TRX sell those?

Thanks for all the information you've provided. I still have a bit of the loyalty thing going on but am moved by the fact that, probably as far as CCH is concerned, I would still be a customer."

I only hope that he is so swamped with email and phone calls that a reply will come in due time. Samingeorgia raised some interesting considerations that gave me additional pause. What about timely updates? What is the proverbial plug is pulled or something is not exactly the same? Probably is I used the other features they are including with MAX, it would seem a really, really good deal. Still, for me $400 is not chump change.

I hope you do get a call. I am still waiting on an email reply to the one I sent yesterday morning to Braeden.

"Hello,

I've been following the threads on the ATXCommunity forum with great interest and some reservations. As a 10 or 11 year user of ATX, I am a pretty loyal user. I also am a sole proprietor with limited resources so saving, in my case, $400 is a serious matter. I do have the following questions I have yet to see addressed, although could have just missed them:

Since TRX will not provide an archival copy of the program, is it possible for me to burn a cd for personal use or archives or to load onto another computer that does not have internet access?

I currently use the 3 computer no extra cost feature on a peer to peer network. Is that the same with TRX?

I use the Uniform paper and envelopes for W-2's and 1099's. Does TRX sell those?

Thanks for all the information you've provided. I still have a bit of the loyalty thing going on but am moved by the fact that, probably as far as CCH is concerned, I would still be a customer."

I only hope that he is so swamped with email and phone calls that a reply will come in due time. Samingeorgia raised some interesting considerations that gave me additional pause. What about timely updates? What is the proverbial plug is pulled or something is not exactly the same? Probably is I used the other features they are including with MAX, it would seem a really, really good deal. Still, for me $400 is not chump change.

Just an FYI.....Braeden works the 12-9 shift and they are on Central Time

TRX reply:

"I understand and thanks for the heads up. ATX did request that we not advertise with their name as it is a trademark. We graciously complied, but as far as the products we are carrying they are the same. I’ve also been asked for the time being to hold off on posting on the board… I’ll get back asap but if you have anymore questions please feel free to email them to me."

... What about timely updates? ...

I can tell you about my experience in using TaxWise from TRX last year. TaxWise usually issued updates only on Tuesday mornings, unless it was something critical. So I would check the TRX site on Tuesday mornings and download the update. If I didn't manually "pull" the download, it would be "pushed" to me when I next connected to the e-file server. [Actually, I think that was only for state updates.] So there didn't seem to be any delay on updates.

Terry, someone (Erin) will be calling you soon. I have been looking at TRX and may switch over but I prepare about 20 corps and 20 1099's which I efile. TRX doesn't offer business efiling for $299 you have to buy the $699 package. That's $10 an efile or $20 an efile if I simply mail the 1099's. Does anyone know a way to email 15 or 20 business returns for less. Is there some entity that just efiles returns for a fee.

Don't be jealous, just pick up the phone and call them if you are interested.

Think I received a call because I downloaded demos a couple of years ago and have been in there database.

didn't buy then as it was Taxwise

But did sign up today for ATX with a written money back guarantee if they somehow can't provide ATX

I believe it's one of those "love it or hate" things. I/we happen to love it. I joke that it was the deciding factor in our move here from Boston. One can eat only so many beans... The truth is that we have it every Thursday night after choir practice. My husband and I both play in the handbell choir and I stay for the choral choir. He stops to pick up dinner which I eat when I get home. We try to take a summer hiatus but usually don't go more than 2 weeks without it. Skyline and Chinese take out are our fast foods.

Well, Terry, they were not offering ATX before, just TaxWise, which is why most of us were not interested before. But now that they are offering our program, I sure am. And I don't think I'm worried about how CCH will react, because they would not be selling it to TRX if they cared about losing a few current customers to them. As I said elsewhere, it's marginal cost to them.

KC, that is not totally true. TRX did offer ATX if you requested it instead of TW. I had signed with TRX for the 2007TY and again for 2008TY. After the sale by ORRTax, they sent the TW software, but I requested ATX instead, as they had mentioned it in some correspondence after the ORR sale was made. This year I requested ATX and got the TTO pkg, much more than I had expected, I thought it would be more like the "old Sabre". I am not going to be practicing anymore, so I am not renewing with TRX. However, if I were to continue, I would have no qualms with renewing TRX.