ATX Community

Thank you to all the Veterans!

Gail in Virginia

Yes, thank you to ALL veterans. My 87 year old father, a veteran of WWII just died 2 weeks ago and this day always had lots of memories for him and for me. Of course he had military rights with taps and that is always so moving. My older brother, also a veteran (Viet Nam), has the flag that was draped over his casket. God bless you, Veterans!

I am proud to say that as a young man I served my country in a foreign nation. It did not seem an honor at the time, but age makes one more aware of what is important in this life.

Very Important!!!! And very much appreciated! Foreign country or Stateside (as we found out last week) as LS said, "Some Gave All".

Thank you.

When I was at the CCH Users Conference in MD, I took the last afternoon to bus into DC to visit the WWII Memorial that I had not yet seen. They happened to be honoring a group of vets from IL, my home. If my father were still alive, he could've been in that group. They performed a nice ceremony for the vets, a fancy dress Marine played Taps, etc. You can see the Lincoln Memorial from there; I walked over there, too, even though I've done that several times -- being from IL. Anyway, I went around saying thank you and shaking hands with our vets and thanking the volunteers. It was very moving. HonorFlight.org I need to go donate some money to keep it going.