ATX Community

How to print check from ATX software ?

tom777

Can someone show me how to print RAL, ERC check from ATX software. I am using Republic Bank.

When I click print check on ATX software, it direct me to website of Taxwise log in page ? How do I have customer#, used ID and pass form Taxwise ? Thanks for your help.

Tom

NY

Can someone show me how to print RAL, ERC check from ATX software. I am using Republic Bank.

When I click print check on ATX software, it direct me to website of Taxwise log in page ? How do I have customer#, used ID and pass form Taxwise ? Thanks for your help.

Tom

NY

It has been over a year since I was with Republic, so this may not be the case anymore. 2 seasons ago (2005 tax returns processed in 2006), you would not print the check out of ATX, but out of the Republic software itself.

The process went something like this: Prepare return, transmit to ATX, ATX transmits bank app to Republic, IRS issues ACK, ATX transmits ACK to Republic (at this point ATX is out of the equation), Republic sends you a check authorization, you print the check out of Republic software, you transmit check info to Republic via their software, Republic sends you info when IRS funds account, when check clears bank, and when your fees are deposited.

You needed to connect to the bank every day for your information. The communication between ATX and Republic was not very good, leading to lots of "Where is my ACK and why haven't you sent it to the Bank" phone calls and posts on the other board to ATX. It is why I switched banks last year. HSBC is integrated into ATX, making the process smoother (last year was the best year I have ever had with bank products - even though I don't process very many of them). I did not have a single bank product problem last year (I think I did about 12 between Rals and ERC/RT's.)

I hope this helps. It may not be the way Republic works this year, but it was how it was done in the past.

Let me know if I can be of more help to you.

Tom

Lodi, CA

It has been over a year since I was with Republic, so this may not be the case anymore. 2 seasons ago (2005 tax returns processed in 2006), you would not print the check out of ATX, but out of the Republic software itself.

The process went something like this: Prepare return, transmit to ATX, ATX transmits bank app to Republic, IRS issues ACK, ATX transmits ACK to Republic (at this point ATX is out of the equation), Republic sends you a check authorization, you print the check out of Republic software, you transmit check info to Republic via their software, Republic sends you info when IRS funds account, when check clears bank, and when your fees are deposited.

You needed to connect to the bank every day for your information. The communication between ATX and Republic was not very good, leading to lots of "Where is my ACK and why haven't you sent it to the Bank" phone calls and posts on the other board to ATX. It is why I switched banks last year. HSBC is integrated into ATX, making the process smoother (last year was the best year I have ever had with bank products - even though I don't process very many of them). I did not have a single bank product problem last year (I think I did about 12 between Rals and ERC/RT's.)

I hope this helps. It may not be the way Republic works this year, but it was how it was done in the past.

Let me know if I can be of more help to you.

Tom

Lodi, CA

This year, Republic Bank is integrated into ATX. That is why Republic did not send their software to me, they told me print check out from ATX software and online, but when I try to click "print check " from ATX software, It directed to Taxwise web page(log in ). I still don't know how to print check for this year with Republic Bank !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this email from ATX today:

Subject: Printing Checks with ATX Tax Software

Date: Monday, January 07, 2008 6:02:27 P

Dear ATXer,

Electronic filing begins on January 11, and we want to make sure you are ready to print checks for your bank product returns as soon as they are available. The check printing process is somewhat different this year, so please read the information below.

Check printing will be done at our secure online check printing center.

You can access the online check printing center from within your ATX tax program by clicking the Print Checks button on the Bank Manager tab. Or you can go directly to the check printing center from any computer with an Internet connection by using the following address: https://ocp.atxinc.com.

The online check printing center uses the same login procedure as the ATX support site. You can use the same Client ID, user name and password that you use to log in for support.

As soon as you receive check stock from your bank, you should log in to the check printing center to configure your check printer and make sure that data will print in the correct location on the checks. Simply follow the on-screen instructions for configuring your check printer.

Before you begin e-filing, please download the latest ATX program and form updates. The easiest way to get these updates is by clicking the Updates icon on the toolbar in your ATX tax program. A major program update is available now and bank form updates are scheduled for release on Tuesday, January 8.

If you need assistance, please call customer support....

This is exactly why I am so glad that I don't process alot of bank products. Since I started using HSBC about 4 years ago all was smooth. Check print authorization given directly into ATX software and printed from there. Now, there are extra hoops to jump through. By the way, voice message at HSBC says all checks and applications began shipping on the 4th of January.

Terry D.

I use Republic Bank also. I received the e-mail and thought GREAT!! I am locked out of MyATX and I've e-mailed support only to have the e-mail come back without an answer. Also DHL returned my supplies to Republic Bank because they couldn't deliver because of the flooding here in Washington however I-5 was closed for 4 days in the beginning of December. Republic has re-shipped via DHL, I have a tracking number but can't figure out how to track it from the DHL website. Can't even try to print a check. No checks and no way to log-in.

But SO WHAT...Sch EIC won't be ready until 1/15 and who knows when the 1040 EF Info will be ready.

Bought a new computer 12/31 and it still isn't working right, it is back in the shop. Vista! Someone needs to tell me what is so special about it.

Resistant to change!! You know you are getting old when...

I've got plenty of W-2 and payroll quarterlies to do to be worrying about Taxes and E-filing!!

Bring on the Prozac............

Karen Lee

I received mine today via DHL.

HV Ken

This is exactly why I am so glad that I don't process alot of bank products. Since I started using HSBC about 4 years ago all was smooth. Check print authorization given directly into ATX software and printed from there. Now, there are extra hoops to jump through. By the way, voice message at HSBC says all checks and applications began shipping on the 4th of January.

Terry D.

I got my checks today. Using SBBT.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting really scared about CCH. This is another "last minute suprise" from them. We are a couple of days away from starting the e-files and bank products, and they are just laying this "new process" on us. And it is not within the software anymore, but their secure website. It is out of our hands. I think this is going to be the worst season ever for bank products because of CCH greed. And what happens when the server or secure login does not work? Who will support this - let me give you a hint, they don't live in Carribou anymore. There will be no support. The phones will go dead just like the board last year. I am really worried.

I am bailing on them as soon as this season is over. I cannot take this kind of stress from a corporation that is just greedy and treats its customers like they own them.

I should have bailed on this company in June like I planned originally.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I got my checks today. Using SBBT.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting really scared about CCH. This is another "last minute suprise" from them. We are a couple of days away from starting the e-files and bank products, and they are just laying this "new process" on us. And it is not within the software anymore, but their secure website. It is out of our hands. I think this is going to be the worst season ever for bank products because of CCH greed. And what happens when the server or secure login does not work? Who will support this - let me give you a hint, they don't live in Carribou anymore. There will be no support. The phones will go dead just like the board last year. I am really worried.

I am bailing on them as soon as this season is over. I cannot take this kind of stress from a corporation that is just greedy and treats its customers like they own them.

I should have bailed on this company in June like I planned originally.

Tom

Lodi, CA

My sentiments exactly, Tom. I am very worried about this season. You & I are not some big company that can afford to lose any clients. I think as soon as April rolls around, i will definite be seriously looking at other software.

Eli

My sentiments exactly, Tom. I am very worried about this season. You & I are not some big company that can afford to lose any clients. I think as soon as April rolls around, i will definite be seriously looking at other software.

Eli

I just went in to check the printing on the checks and it said I was not enrolled. How did I get checks if I did not enroll? Had to go through the whole process again. New passwords (I think we should all use CCHsucks123 as our passwords - everyone of us), re enter all the info again, everything I did back in Novemeber. This must be ATX's way of keeping close tabs on who is on the websites. Then I had to run the test print and allow 2 installations of programs on my computer. This is scary. When this goes down, we are not going to get any help.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Eli

Don't worry too much. I think it should be OK. This is the last season we are printing the Bank Check. Have you heard the new from IRS : Beging Jan 9, 2009, We will no longer using bank products because IRS was restricted on RALs, ERC..

I got checks and set up the printer . I am ready to print.

Good luck to everyone and have a lot of customers for last Rals Season. May sure you charge more money(tax preparation fee) for anyone using Bank Product. That is what I do for this year.

Tom

NY

Been on tech support call for 77 minutes & counting. Trying to get bank manager to show that I am enrolled.

Tom, how did you get it to work for you??

Eli

I have renewal with Republic Bank in summer. When I got my software from ATX, I have to enroll on Bank Manager. When you click Bank Manager, click enroll ( May sure you on internet), it will automatic direct to enroll page and you have to fill all information include your bank account, fee (ERC preparation fee , RAL Document fee, State fee...) , then click submit.

After you submit 10 min, you will received email from CCH that your application have approval with the bank you chose. After that, go to Bank Manager, click "receive Acks ". When you done, click on enroll, you will see your status " Enrolled" and your Fees (Rals Document fee....)

Good luck !

Tom

NY

Thanks, Tom. For some reason my software wasn't doing that. After 110 mins on the phone with tech support they got it to work. Went to Efile Manager>Support>Tech Support Utilities>Log Efile Transmission Traffic (check it) then back to Bank manager & Refresh Report. That worked.

Thanks again!

Eli

Just got this email from ATX today:

Subject: Printing Checks with ATX Tax Software

Date: Monday, January 07, 2008 6:02:27 P

Dear ATXer,

Electronic filing begins on January 11, and we want to make sure you are ready to print checks for your bank product returns as soon as they are available. The check printing process is somewhat different this year, so please read the information below.

Check printing will be done at our secure online check printing center.

You can access the online check printing center from within your ATX tax program by clicking the Print Checks button on the Bank Manager tab. Or you can go directly to the check printing center from any computer with an Internet connection by using the following address: https://ocp.atxinc.com.

The online check printing center uses the same login procedure as the ATX support site. You can use the same Client ID, user name and password that you use to log in for support.

As soon as you receive check stock from your bank, you should log in to the check printing center to configure your check printer and make sure that data will print in the correct location on the checks. Simply follow the on-screen instructions for configuring your check printer.

Before you begin e-filing, please download the latest ATX program and form updates. The easiest way to get these updates is by clicking the Updates icon on the toolbar in your ATX tax program. A major program update is available now and bank form updates are scheduled for release on Tuesday, January 8.

If you need assistance, please call customer support....

Don't worry too much. I think it should be OK. This is the last season we are printing the Bank Check. Have you heard the new from IRS : Beging Jan 9, 2009, We will no longer using bank products because IRS was restricted on RALs, ERC..

I got checks and set up the printer . I am ready to print.

Good luck to everyone and have a lot of customers for last Rals Season. May sure you charge more money(tax preparation fee) for anyone using Bank Product. That is what I do for this year.

Tom

NY

I am using HSBC bank again this year. I don't understand how to set the check log. The beginning DCN EFIN and the ending? Check types. I don't remember how I did this last season, must be a different process. Called support and they hung up after forever of holding.

The online check printing is completely new this year. But if you click the help link on the left side of the online check printing screen, for me it is coming up cannot be displayed at first, but ignore that and click the Check Log option and it explains the setup. Hope that helps.