ATX Community

Old Files

MargaretMort

As Florida doesn't have state income tax, I would have to assume there are no regulations? MM

Margaret, you brought up a good question and a good reminder to those of us who like to save everything. If I even go back seven years, I will be creating a lot of extra space in my basement. Thanks for the prod.

I upload their return to my portal/email them a .pdf of their return or print out a copy for them to pick up.

And charge them for it, too, as they were given paper (and, in my case, pdf on CD) copies when they originally filed. I've decided no more free copies. Funny how they suddenly "find" them when they know I won't print and mail for free.

I charge $25 per copy. It's always the same clients who are too lazy to pull out their return and bring it to the refiance people to have a copy made. They would rather just call me to fax it or e-mail it which I do when I get their check. It's always "but I need it today because I won't get the lower rate" ... Yeah, and you just found out you were refinancing today. Too bad, it'll have to wait a day since I know you will put that check in the mail to me today.

taxbilly