ATX Community

Amending 2007/2008 Returns With ATX

Crank

Has anyone amended a 2007 or 2008 return with ATX this year?

The Form 1040X was revised in Jan 2010 and now has check boxes for years 2006 - 2009. However this form has not been updated in the 2007 or 2008 ATX programs which are still using the old version 1040X. I tried calling ATX about this and an issue I had installing 2007 on Windows Vista and they wouldnt even discuss past years programs saying that they are no longer supported. That is just ridiculous. I paid for the software and the it should be suppoted until amendments are no longer accpeted (3 years). I also think they wouldnt answer my questions because I didnt renew with them for this year after using AXT/Saber since the mid 90s.

So aside from my ATX rant what is everybody doing when amending 2007/2008 returns with ATX? Is the old 1040X in the programs accpetable to use or do you have to mannually input the numbers into the updated 1040X in the 2009 program?

Thanks

Has anyone amended a 2007 or 2008 return with ATX this year?

The Form 1040X was revised in Jan 2010 and now has check boxes for years 2006 - 2009. However this form has not been updated in the 2007 or 2008 ATX programs which are still using the old version 1040X. I tried calling ATX about this and an issue I had installing 2007 on Windows Vista and they wouldnt even discuss past years programs saying that they are no longer supported. That is just ridiculous. I paid for the software and the it should be suppoted until amendments are no longer accpeted (3 years). I also think they wouldnt answer my questions because I didnt renew with them for this year after using AXT/Saber since the mid 90s.

So aside from my ATX rant what is everybody doing when amending 2007/2008 returns with ATX? Is the old 1040X in the programs accpetable to use or do you have to mannually input the numbers into the updated 1040X in the 2009 program?

Thanks

The old version can be used.

taxbilly

I have used the old version several times this year and they have gone through without a hitch.

I just sent one yesterday for 2007. I like to use the year amended because it is so easy to amend. For a minute I thought I sent the wrong form but now I feel more confortable.

I just sent one yesterday for 2007. I like to use the year amended because it is so easy to amend. For a minute I thought I sent the wrong form but now I feel more confortable.

I also just use the program for the year I am amending. Never had a problem.

Creating an amended return in ATX is one particular function they have gotten right. It is easy!