Would you find this useful?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you find this useful?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, because I don't have an iPhone
    • Maybe ?

Fast Customer

Nobody wants to spend billable hours on hold with their cell phone provider, or waste time on the weekend trying to get in touch with tech support to fix an aging laptop.

Enter FastCustomer, an iPhone app that does the waiting for you.

Just choose which company to call and the software does the rest, punching through the phone tree until it's reached a live human. Within a few minutes, your phone rings with the customer service rep on the line.

Caveat: the dialer will only work with companies FastCustomer has added to its database, though the company already has numbers for Apple, Best Buy, the IRS, and hundreds more. The $1 app will save the average person 60 hours on hold every year, FastCustomer founders say. Think how much work an entrepreneur could accomplish if she didn't have to listen to so much Muzak.

Thanks KC.

Just added it to my iPhone as well.

This will come in handy.

Just an added note - as a long-time Blackberry devotee, I hesitated getting an iPhone for way too long. After only a week with the iPhone, I can't imagine going back to Blackberry as things currently stand.

There is a web site called gethuman.com (someone referred to it above, but as an app) where you get the magic numbers to get through to a human. It is not instantaneous, but it's pretty darned quick and doesn't require an iPhone.

Catherine

Now I see why Booger likes you so much.