Jump to content
ATX Community

Tax Prep by Deb

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


About Tax Prep by Deb

  • Rank
    ATX Master

Profile Information

  • State
  • Gender
    Not Telling

Recent Profile Visitors

6,964 profile views
  1. Agree! I do like using It for the same purpose, but it isn't that friendly for anything else. Love the tax software though!
  2. I have a client who has received a W2 for in home health support service (box 1 shows 0) that is excluded as gross wages due to notice 2014-7. It was my understanding however that the amount she was paid could be used as income for purpose of Earned Income Credit. Anyone know how to enter this in Drake? (Box 3 and 5 show the amount she was paid)
  3. California was the first to shut down. We've hade a shelter in place order for several days now.
  4. I have a client who received a W2 for third party sick pay. Not a problem, I know how to handle that. But the client was recently awarded Social Security Disability and because they have retro back to 2018 the third party sick pay insurance company wanted to be re-imbursed for which the client wrote them a check. The W2 is reflecting the total paid to her but not reducing it by the amount she paid back. Any suggestions on how I should handle this? It would seem to me at the least they should have deducted it from what they paid her, or sent a corrected W2. Is there some magical way I can handle it? Thanks for any suggestions!
  5. Exactly what I thought. We had this discussion last year but either he didn't understand or thought it would not matter. You can tell he is only half hearted about officially leaving CA
  6. I have a client who works out of state. He worked 258 days in Texas but his family remained here in California. He did not change his address on anything, his car is registered in CA, his driver's license is in CA, as far as I can determine he lives here in California. Naturally he would like to exclude his income from taxation in California, but I am not seeing anyway around including all income to California. I know he could put in a claim for taxes paid to another state however it is Texas and not state taxes. Am I missing something?
  7. Ok, so this year I got rid of my 17" laptop and went to a 15". The Personal Client Manager font is so much smaller. I have tried increasing the font thru Windows (10) but to no avail. Is there a setting in Drake that I can change to make that screen bigger? I can hardly even see the boxes to check which forms I want to print. I can't believe it would be that much smaller even though I stepped down a size.
  8. Thanks, at least I can print with line references!
  9. Mine does not have any information at all regarding California. It is completely missing. That is where I would have expected to see it and have looked but the only message or note I have concerns the EIC question I missed.
  10. What is the print view screen? Where can I see the list?
  11. Does this just for the printed copy? I already transmitted a return and it was accepted.
  12. I have been noticing that when I go to print my California forms, the form is printing with a watermark saying do not file client copy only and there are no lines on it just the figures. Anybody else having this problem?
  13. I spent some time using their practice returns so by the time the season got cooking I was up speed. It is different but I do not regret switching at all.
  14. Everything I have read is they can keep their current W4 however they want to make any changes they have to use the new one.
  • Create New...