ATX Community

ATX printing wierder than usual

michaelmars

Yes - I've noticed recently that my New York State returns are printing pg 2, pg 1, pg 4 and then pg 3.

Also noticed, although I'm not sure if this is related that even though I created a state e-file, that the authorization document didn't appear on the print menu.

- Dave T

Sometimes yes, sometimes no in PA. I was thinking it was me - maybe dragging inadvertantly on the print menu. At this late stage of the game, I was ready to just accept it as that - since most of what I am doing now is on auto pilot anyway. Nice to know I may still be a little bit awake.

• Like 1

I have also noticed this. The Print Manager has always been the weakest part of ATX. I have not noticed intra-form wrong pages (mine have all come out pg1, pg2, pg3) -- but the order sure gets jumbled!! I had been thinking one got scrambled and then it "remembered selections" to re-scramble -- but I tossed that possibility some time ago. Decided the Print Manager has gone wonkier and am keeping an eye on it. Will keep a closer eye now.

>>state forms are printing in some random crazy order<<

Everybody wants to complain without taking personal responsibility. How do you expect software to print in the correct order if you don't bother to pre-sort the blank sheets before loading them into the printer?

• Like 1

>>state forms are printing in some random crazy order<<

Everybody wants to complain without taking personal responsibility. How do you expect software to print in the correct order if you don't bother to pre-sort the blank sheets before loading them into the printer?

I always get those blank #2 and #4 crossed up!! I am hoping to find a supplier that has the blank papers presorted!!

I've got a custom spreadsheet in my RDP returns that prints for the client and filing copies when it wants too. Sunspots, I think. And last night the separate privacy statement decided to stop printing. And my program updates automatically (usually at the most inopportune time), so that can't be the issue.

Utterly bizarre. Go to print out a completed return with several states. The default state form printing order is this:

MA M-9325

MA EF info

MA 1

MA Sch B

MA Sch C

NY TR-579-IT

MA Sch D

NY EF info

NY IT-203

NY IT-2

MA Sch INC

NY IT-203-ATT

MA Sch HC

NY IT-216

MA Sch X,Y, Z, DI

How's THAT for an absolute jumble!!

>>How's THAT for an absolute jumble!!<<

​Looks familiar, just substitute NM, CO, and CA. The "wizzards" (in this case spelled correctly) also have decided when they think you do not need a form sent with the return it won't print it, unless you do a page print. Would not print Ca Schedule D because it is the same as the fed D. Wrong, the carryover was different as was one adjustment.

I swear my office is haunted. DSL has been down since last Wed. Tried plugging in modem again today and it is working, so far. Have new provider coming to install a different service in the AM. I was still able to create returns but sure had a pile to file and took advantage while it was on. Also, this AM went to try and access my e-mail on mobile tablet. Mobile service would not work; only WiFi (which, of course, I no longer had). Called support and after an hour of trouble shooting they discovered that the company had shipped the wrong simm card with the device. A trip to town for a new card. Now everything is working for the moment, but am afraid to turn my back or shut anything off. On the other hand, WI forms are printing in the order that they should.

Just printed out a NY return -- the IT-203 came out page 2, page 1, page 4, page 3. Really useful.

Fortunately I print to pdf first and caught it (thanks to this thread!) -before- it went to the printer. Grrr!!! Even if they scramble the form order, each form itself should be in order!!!