ATX Community

NT - explosions at the Boston Marathon

jklcpa

For those of you still hard at work in your offices that might not follow a news feed, there were 2 explosions at the Boston Marathon, a third controlled explosion by the police and a 4th device found. Two dead, six in critical condition, 2 dozen or more others injured. I'm sure those numbers will rise as the full scope of this tragedy is revealed.

1. All of my family is OK.

2. Fiona was at work about two blocks from the explosions -- she felt the shockwave from the blasts. They locked down the store for a bit then shut down and sent everyone home.

3. I do know some people who have relatives currently in the hospital and in surgery. One of my contacts runs a really excellent community newspaper north of Boston; his sources are just fabulous and I've been getting my news mainly through him on Facebook. Tom Duggan is the name if anyone wants to look him up.

4. Prayers are always in order and appreciated for all those hurt. This story has several good sources for helping:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/15/how-you-can-help-in-the-wake-of-the-boston-marathon-tragedy-and-what-others-are-doing/

• Like 2

I sent the hugs to Fiona from everyone; thanks for the good wishes. One of my clients is an ER nurse at MGH; I sent prayers and good wishes off to her yesterday as well. Prayers continue; the Salvation Army is working hard helping folks and the Red Cross is so inundated with blood donors they have asked people to call ahead first.

Catherine

And one policeman was killed and another critically in injured by the terrorists. I'm wondering if they have found any documents in their home explaining the reasons behind their actions? It's hard to believe there would not be. They are both Muslim, but that is hardly enough to explain such horrid behavior.

Catherine - I am so glad that you and yours are safe. You've been on my mind, and I was worried about you. I have been hibernating "down-Cape" at a house that has no internet connection and only occasional cell phone service, so I haven't been able to see if you had posted. My nephew ran for the 6th time and stopped briefly at Mile 17 to see his wife & children and have a "quick pb&j". That delayed him enough that he was half a mile from the finish line when the bombs went off. He was overwhelmed with the kindnesses of others, from letting him borrow a phone to call his wife, to blankets & hot chocolate etc. Hugs to you.

Wendy

• Like 1

My family and I are all safe. Worst thing that happened to me today was a migraine and that is getting better. Thanks to all but I'm not quite up to doing lots of computer posting yet; enough headache remnants. Actually came here to get the alternative to malwarebytes reference for my younger girl.

• Like 1

My family and I are all safe. Worst thing that happened to me today was a migraine and that is getting better. Thanks to all but I'm not quite up to doing lots of computer posting yet; enough headache remnants. Actually came here to get the alternative to malwarebytes reference for my younger girl.

I just received an e-mail from my IT guy and it said:

Hi Marilyn,

MalwareBytes database version 2013.04.15.12 is the problem. They made a update version and a fix tool.

BOSTON (The Borowitz Report)—Authorities who have spent the past forty-eight hours combing CNN in the hopes of finding any information whatsoever have called off their search, they confirmed today.

“After monitoring every minute of CNN’s broadcast since Monday, we have found hearsay, rumors, falsehoods, and a steady stream of inane commentary,” one authority said. “Everything but information.”

The announcement was the second black eye today for CNN, which earlier in the afternoon recanted all of its reporting dating back to mid-2009.

Newly installed CNN chief Jeff Zucker acknowledged that the network had experienced “a rough patch” since he took over earlier this year, but added, “At least no one was watching.”

• Like 1