ATX Community

That's It

Terry D EA

Wow, it is now 10:00 PM EST. Just filed my last extension and tax return. Five left to be picked up, and a few more to do after a break. I will finally get to see the 10:00 news. Good night to all of you and I hope this has been a prosperous season for all. Get some rest as it is well deserved! If I could, I'd sleep in till Wednesday. ^_^

Unfortunately, it appears this morning that returns I transmitted to ATX before 6:30 last night are showing transmitted to agency on the 16th not 15th. What a year! Hopefully, IRS will be aware of whatever issue caused this and not slap on penalties. None of mine were debits- I leave it up to client to get their check postmarked timely.

Unfortunately, it appears this morning that returns I transmitted to ATX before 6:30 last night are showing transmitted to agency on the 16th not 15th. What a year! Hopefully, IRS will be aware of whatever issue caused this and not slap on penalties. None of mine were debits- I leave it up to client to get their check postmarked timely.

The return will be tagged with a timestamp of when you transmitted it to ATX. When it is sent to the IRS is not the timestamp that is important.

• Like 1

Yes, Drake efile servers had intermittant problems that the company said were mostly resolved by 11pm. Drake has contacted the IRS to make sure that the extensions will be accepted as timely received if efiled on the 16th or mailed in by paper. They issued as broadcast of sincere apology and also said that any users whose clients are assessed a late penalty because of this should forward that to the company to take care of. Do you think CCH or ATX would have done that?

Yes, Drake efile servers had intermittant problems that the company said were mostly resolved by 11pm. Drake has contacted the IRS to make sure that the extensions will be accepted as timely received if efiled on the 16th or mailed in by paper. They issued as broadcast of sincere apology and also said that any users whose clients are assessed a late penalty because of this should forward that to the company to take care of. Do you think CCH or ATX would have done that?

Are you kidding?? :wall:

• Like 1

Jack, I thought it obvious to be a rhetorical question and not to be taken seriously.

I sincerely feel bad for those of you that stuck it out with ATX and for the emotional toll and financial damage that it has caused. For those of you that had success using ATX, well...congratulations to you, but I think you are in a small minority of ATX users.

• Like 1

ATX used to have more flexibility, some of that was taken away this year. I was a longtime user since almost the beginning, it had worked very well in past years, and it was a good fit for my small practice. That being said, I can't consider using it again unless CCH changes their refund policy since I did receive a refund from them. Their current policy says that I can't ever request and receive another one. What if that future program is defective or doesn't work for me? I won't throw money away.

Drake worked well for me this year. It was faster in almost every respect and handled my multistate returns better than ATX ever has. It might not be for everyone though, and that's why we have choices that should be evaluated each year. None of us knows what the future of any of these programs will be as technology changes and as programs are rewritten. I like JohnH's policy of having a program in reserve.

• Like 1

I don't know what I will do next year. We stumbled through with ATX and did not have the major issues some had for the most part but the program really slowed us down And we did have some issues. I would have to see some real improvements to even consider ATX next year. But regardless of the softwear we use I will be here.

Drake went down around 5 or 6pm tonight per another board. I've been going upstairs to check ACKs periodically, but actually watched a movie tonight. But relax, returns don't have to be ack'd by midnight, just transmitted.

I agree.

thanks for taking the time to express your insight!