ATX Community

HP 2035n laserjet printer for sale

GeorgeM

Guest Taxed

I believe a new printer is around $200 at various office supply stores. You may want to try Ebay to sell it.

These days you can pickup a nice multi function laser printer for less than $300. I got a Brother MFC 7340 on sale for $149. Brother toners are generally less expensive than HP and print about the same # of pages

I question why you are selling it in the first place. I have one which worked perfectly with ATX 2012; never had a problem printing the entire season. When I say I have one, I mean A HP2035 although mine is not the network model. I don't think I paid much more than that for it new from Amazon with free shipping. On the other hand, I wouldn't consider selling it. I will grant that the toner mileage isn't great, but have found a supplier whose toners work perfectly and last longer than genuine HP. At one time I never would have considered using an off-brand, but for the sake of economy, I have to. Will not use a refill, though. FWIW

Guest Taxed

I started using remanufactured toner cartridges from two suppliers that guarantee a replacement if it fails. Some of the cheaper varities do not change the internal parts and just refill it. I have noticed a graying effect with those cheaper varities.

Guest Taxed

Taxed, which manufacturers do you use?

www.4inkjets.com

www.inkjetrefills.com

www.fillserv.com

Used all three of them depending discount and free shipping offers. Speak to the customer support people before ordering your brand to make sure it is truly remanufactured and NOT just refilled. Ask for return guarantee if not satisfied. I only had to do that once.

HP printers are real work horses. Why don't you keep it for your next emergency? Or for when you expand? Or donate to your church or local school (no hassle of packing it up to ship)? Or give to that college kid who mows your lawn as payment (personal chores and not business so you don't get into barter expense!)?

HP printers are real work horses. Why don't you keep it for your next emergency? Or for when you expand? Or donate to your church or local school (no hassle of packing it up to ship)? Or give to that college kid who mows your lawn as payment (personal chores and not business so you don't get into barter expense!)?

This is a great printer unless you HAVE to network it. On sale right now on Amazon for $214.26 and free shipping. I always get my cartridges for this printer also on Amazon from Cartridge Warehouse. The last ones were 4 for $55, free shipping. They last longer than OEM. Have had mine for about four years now. Also, my old HP 1200 is still doing a great job. (I know there is one person who reads this board who thinks it should be in a museum). :dunno:

Anyone have any experience with Dell printers? The reason I ask is I have a $100 coupon for Dell, and could get a new laser printer for about $30 with it. Otherwise I'd go for an HP. Of course I could always spring for another laptop, but I need a workhorse printer more since my all-in-one is getting beat to death by tax returns.

Guest Taxed

I believe Dell toner cartridges cost more than Brother for the same # of print pages. I have used both HP and Brother laser printers and I now use Brother because the toners cost less than HP.

I had really bad experiences with the only Dell printer I ever used. But that was years ago. I'd suggest you go to CNet and check out their reviews, I've found them to be very fair and useful. And they consider both price and consumables,not just initial price. http://reviews.cnet.com/printers/

One thing Ii did notice was that while many of them were rated at 3 or 3.5 stars by the editors, they got much lower rating from USERS.

Anyone have any experience with Dell printers? The reason I ask is I have a $100 coupon for Dell, and could get a new laser printer for about $30 with it. Otherwise I'd go for an HP. Of course I could always spring for another laptop, but I need a workhorse printer more since my all-in-one is getting beat to death by tax returns.

Buy Brother. Simple answer.

Guest Taxed

Again I second that. From an operational cost you will be happy. As you may have already figured out, printer manufacturers sell the actual printer at below cost. They make their money selling toners, drums etc. I used to buy HP until I figured out I could get the same quality and # pages printed at a lower cost per page with Brother.

(Brother are you listening, I want a free printer next year!)

All my Brother printers (and a fax) died; they couldn't deal with paper dust and leaking Brother cartridges, so they clogged up or overheated or just stopped. None are left.

All my HP printers (my oldest is a 4L from 1987) are still working and productive. I had one repair on the 4L to replace the rollers. They just won't die! But, I keep wanting faster printers. I have a color 2550n and a P2055dn which is fastest to print tax returns and a L7780 in my office. The 4L and other older HPs are in my home for personal use or near my husband's desk for his use with his professional organizations. He had used at least one in his classroom at a middle school until his retirement. Real workhorses.

(Every Subaru I have ever owned is still on the road, too, including the 1986 wagon DL.)

At the firm, we have Brother HL-5370DW. Three of them three years old. Total page count between the three 300,000+. By doing our on refilling, we have average cost per page at $.003. This includes replacing all the drums at least once.

At my home business, I use Brother MFC-8680DN all in one copy, print, fax and scan. Uses the same toner cart as the 5370DW so my toner expense is almost non-existent. I have use the 8680DN for 3 seasons now. Page count over 50,000 and it still works flawlessly. It will scan pages at about 12 ppm directly to my PC so document archiving is very easy. The newest version of this machine MFC-7460DN is available at Staples for $249.00. The carts are easily refilled as well.

http://www.staples.com/Brother-MFC-7460DN-Laser-Multi-Function-Printer/product_918016

Have had no issues with reliability of these machines. The only problem we have is after printing about 5,500 pages, the toner cartridge runs out of toner and needs refilled or replaced.

Guest Taxed

>>>All my Brother printers (and a fax) died; they couldn't deal with paper dust and leaking Brother cartridges, so they clogged up or overheated or just stopped. <<<

Not sure what brand of paper you use but I have noticed certain brands to have more paper dust. Few years back I picked up a hand held vac. cleaner with a nozzle that sucks up all debris from printer and keyboard etc. During tax season I use that once a week to clean the inside of the printer. Two problem areas are the heater wire of the fuser and the paper rollers on top of the tray.

I never had a toner cartridge leak on me. But I have had the opposite where for some reason the toner was clumpy and was causing uneven print density. Changed the toner and problem solved.

We have an HP-6MP that still chugs along at a lightning-fast 6 ppm... but it's the only printer that still supports the APL character set.

:D

We have HP - 4 Plus's and HP - 5's networked, one for each user but available to any other workstation. Re-charge cartridges are 59.00 / 69.00 (at 12ppm by the way). Very high volume, very low maintenance. (Source of re-charge also fixes them, very cheap labor - and all cartridges are guaranteed.)

My software salesperson told me to vacuum relentlessly, and my techie said the same. They have me vacuuming and dusting all electonics, around computer and fan vents, where ever static electricity could attract paper dust.

For a few years, I was using paper a step up from the usual printer paper for me, thinking it protected my printers, and another step up for anything given to clients, such as their copy of their return. (My fastest printer was for returns, so I could have one type of paper in it for all paperwork going to clients and not have to change out paper types.) As prices went up and after realizing that very few clients noticed, I cut back to using only one type of paper. My last purchase I stepped down and just bought the cheaper multi-use paper for all printers like I used many years ago. So, all the Brothers that had such short life spans used only specific expensive laserjet paper. All the HPs, old and newer, have been using just cheaper multi-purpose paper -- even the one from 1987.

• Like 1

Guest Taxed

Over the years I have noticed that recycled paper is more dustier than virgin paper. Also if you store your paper in a cold basement than your office closet where it is more dry and static in the winter gives you better results.

Paper prices are skyrocketing. I still remember picking up a case of paper for 19.99 now it is upward of $40. Thank god for e-filing, it has cut down on paper by 50%.