ATX Community

Part two (Why don't they treat my appointments like doctors and attorneys?)

Pacun

Why Taxpayers don't want to take time to meet me during regular business hours as they do with doctors and attorneys?

I came up with two answers:

1.- My title doesn't include a doctorate next to it.

2.- I have not convinced all my competition to follow a 9-5 appointment schedule as doctors and lawyers have done.

Can someone help me to change both? If I am able to change both, all my clients will be willing to come to see only from 9 to 5. They will be willing to take the morning off and come to hung with me.

Thank you.

just say no! bet everyone will call in a few days with an acceptable time, if not then you get to manage your practice the way you want and not let it manage you. A 3-4 year client came in on 4/11 [he worked next door] to drop off his stuff, I offered an extension but he wanted to file. I handed him back his stuff. He went to H&R. the following year and every year since he has come in during Feb. and I charge him at least 50% more than I used to.

Another client in my building did the same thing one year but he never came back. you win one you lose one but I run my practice my way. Now if it were a $1000 return I do find myself more accommodating but I find those type of professional people Do respect my time more. BTW my fee for a rush job is the usually fee plus a bottle of good single malt scotch.

• Like 1

Why Taxpayers don't want to take time to meet me during regular business hours as they do with doctors and attorneys?

I came up with two answers:

1.- My title doesn't include a doctorate next to it.

2.- I have not convinced all my competition to follow a 9-5 appointment schedule as doctors and lawyers have done.

Can someone help me to change both? If I am able to change both, all my clients will be willing to come to see only from 9 to 5. They will be willing to take the morning off and come to hung with me.

Thank you.

I think #2 is the culprit. I'm doing what I can to help with that. ;)

And it's not just doctors and lawyers with 9 - 5 hours. I can't get to my hairdresser till April 16. My roots are hideous.

A 3-4 year client came in on 4/11 [he worked next door] to drop off his stuff, I offered an extension but he wanted to file. I handed him back his stuff. He went to H&R. the following year and every year since he has come in during Feb. and I charge him at least 50% more than I used to.

I had a Sch C guy that always came the last Sunday of the tax season. for 2 years I said, I need you to come on the first Sunday of March to drop your stuff and then pick it up at the end of March. He dind't listen. One year he called on Satuday and wanted an appointment for the next day, which was the last sunday of tax season. I said "I won't be able to prepare your taxes this year because I am busy. Please look somewhere else". The next year, he was in time as instructed and I prepared his taxes. The following year, IRS audited the year he went somewhere else and my following year. He didn't receive any letters (or his wife didn't give them to him) and the letter he broght to me was for tax court. I told him to submit a court petition and at the end he only pay something for the year he went away and my year was unchanged. He was happy because he paid only about $1,500 and the original letter was for 65K since he didn't have a chance to show his receipts/expenses. EVER since he is meeting with me in March.

• Like 1

I really need a haircut (I've given up dying it) and a manicure badly! (I need a pedicure, too; but I'm the only one who sees my feet during the winter.) I saw my doctor only because I have a sinus infection and needed drugs and I pay extra for concierge service so he fit me in the day I called. I need to find a beautician client, or maybe not after hearing all your stories....