ATX Community

How do you track your Efiles?

Richcpaman

I really do like the enhancement ATX made this year to include the E-file information at the bottom of the Return Manager.

Me, too, and you can use the down arrow and go thru fairly quickly. Not as good merging the e-file Manager with Return Manager, but I'll take it compared to what we had, which was zero.

When I have 600 clients to keep track of, "clicking" on each file individually to see the efile status still takes way to much time.

I understand the concept of creating an efile and putting it on hold to keep track.. but when you are missing information that prevents creating the efile

(childs soc sec #, direct deposit information, etc.) You can't create the efile until you have the last bit of information. So still have people that may fall through the cracksTher

There is a column on the return screen 'Status" where a short note or code can be left. (the column can be expanded). For example I put the 8879's that are missing in that column or if there is info missing I put in INFO. The column can be sorted by clicking the on the header.

Status can also be entered thru Easy View under Other Information.

If yo do not use Client Numbers, the same can be done in this column.. In either column, be careful not to double click as if will open the return.

Like ATXaholics Annonymous.. I too have a "paper" trail that centers around the signature pages.

But I work alone... I need to spend time preparing returns and interacting with the clients. My question is do you an assistant that does all that for you?

Or do you take time away from preparing returns to do all the notes and posting? Yes your paper trail system works, but how much time do you spend doing it? I could not keep up with it anymore.. and I am frustrated that ATX gave us a "crumb" of an enhancement with the efile status at the bottom of the the Return Manager. That only works if you highlight each client individually.

I gave up and went with Drake this year. Much easier to keep track.